Breaking Point

Tris's POV
I put my shirt and pants back on and zip my pants us. Somehow, that made me feel better. Loved. He turns towards me after fixing his jeans and grins. "You okay?" He asks. I nod, smiling up at him. Placing my hand on his shoulder, I pull him down and press my lips to his. He grips my hips and groans as he pulls back.
"When we get home and the kids are asleep," he tells me. I sighs and open the door.
"I'm holding you to that," I say quietly. He grins as we leave my old room and make our way down stairs. We sit back in our seats and start eating again.
"Is everything okay?" My mom asks me. Tobias looks down awkwardly at his plate.
"Perfect."
×××××××
I put one of Tobias's shirts on and make my way to the boy's room. Tobias is sitting on the chair between their beds with Arden sleeping in his arms. He looks like he's half asleep himself.
I walk over and take her out of his arms. Both the boys are asleep so it's okay for me to have Tobias leave the room. I kick his leg, making his jump in response. "Go lay down. I'll put her to bed." He stands up and walks out for the room. I aly Arden down in her crib and kiss her forehead. "Goodnight, baby girl."
Making my way back inside the room, I see Tobias is asleep in all his clothes from today. I'm only a little disappointed.
×××××××
My body jerks up as I wake from another horrible nightmare/ flashback. I remove Tobias's arm from around my wait and get out of bed. The turns the light on and looks over at me, his eyes squinted. "What's wrong?" He asks me.
I shake my he'd violently. All I can feel his Marcus's hands on me and Edgar holding me down. Tobias gets out of bed and makes his way over. I move away from him.
"Don't touch me," I mumble. He takes my hand. I slap him across the face and immediately regret it. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to slap you-"
"It's okay," he says. I wrap my arms around him and cry into his chest. He picks me up bridal style and sits down on the bed with me in his lap. I look into his eyes, the dark blue color calming me. You would think they would remind me of Marcus, but in Tobias's eyes I can see he loves and cares about me.
"I can still feel his touch and it makes me feel dirty. I know that what happened wasn't my fault, and I had no control, but there's something​ in me that says it was. I hate myself for not being in the first two month of Arden's life; she's still getting used to me," I say, drying my tears but they keep coming.
"Get that thought out if your head," he tells me. "There was nothing you could have done to get out until the time was right. I will run my hands all over your body for the rest of our lives together to remove his touch if you want me to. Arden knows your her mother and she loves you."
I rest my forehead against his shoulder. "You know how you once said that you wanted to see me push me until I break?" He nods. "This is it. This is what is causing me to break."
He moves my hair to the side so he can see my face. "I'm here to pick the pieces back up. My first instinct is to protect you and love you. I want to go back to how we were, and I'll wait as long as that takes."

AN: I have chapters upon chapters planned bitchessssss! Comment your thoughts and share!! Be brave 🔪🔪🔪 -Veah