The Truth

Tobias's POV
     I walk up behind Tris and wrap my arms behind her. She jumps at my touch. Her eyes are darker than usual, showing that she hasn't slept well. She's always waking up in the middle of the nights, breathing heavily and lies when I ask her if she's okay. I know she's not.
     "Tris," I start, "please talk to me about what's wrong. Your t-"
    "Tearing myself down; I know that. But I don't want to drag you down with me," she snaps. I thought we were over our problems. "If I tell you, you'll end up hating yourself, and I won't let that to you."
     I bush her hair to the side. "You can always talk to me. Just tell me if this gets serious," I say. She nods and forces a smile.
    ×××××××××××
              Tris's POV
   Tobias's hand wraps around my neck as he pushes against the wall. I squirm against him, trying to make him move, but nothing. Tears run down my face.
    "You said you wouldn't do this again," I crack out. He glares at me. I don't even know why he's doing this to me.
    "Don't expect people to change," he says into my ear and slams his knee into my stomach. My chest rises and falls heavily as he punches me me hard across the face.
    ×××××××××
     I shoot up in bed and look around frantically. I jump when Tobias pulls me closes to him. Sobs wrack my body. Slowly, I take his hand off me and rest it between us, slowly getting up.
     I take my pillow and grab the spare blanket and go to the living room and lay down on the couch.
     I have to admit it to myself eventually. I'm scared of my own husband. When I look at him, I can hardly see the man I feel on love with. He's not even the scary, tough instructor; he's something else to me now.
     Not a monster...not yet at least. Just someone I fear and don't feel safe around.

AN: Sorry for such shirt chapters. I'll try to make them longer. Comment. Be brave 🔪🔪🔪 -Veah