Beginning Of Lies

Tris's POV
   When I wake, my head hurts and it feels like the room is spinning. It might be bright lights that are on, but its fine. The door opens; I hope its Tobias, but it's not.
     "How are you feeling?" The doctor asks. I groan at how loud his voice sounds. Where is Tobias?
    "My head hurts really bad," I answer. He writes that down on his clip board. I'm now extremely aware of how my stomach feels now. "My stomach...it feels weird. Empty and not the hungry type," I add.
   "I'll have your normal doctor come in. After he does, we'll let your husband see you," he says. At least I know where Tobias is now. Not long after the doctor leaves, my OB\GYN walks in with his notepad and pen.
    "Dr.Santos said that you had a weird feeling in your stomach. I want to explain to you," he says, sitting down. Nervousness fills me. "When the attackers got you, you picked out at the person. I had said that if you moved a certain way, you would rip the delicate areas of the womb; you did just that. Now, don't blame yourself for this, you were fighting back as you should have. But we had to perform an emergency C-section."
   Tears fill my eyes as I shake my head. "No," I say, placing my hand on my stomach. "It-it takes more for that to-to happen."
    "Not for you. Your body is extremely sensitive and you have to be careful with it," he tells me. I wipe away my tears. "I'm so sorry." He gives me a small smile before leaving the room.
      I rest my head against the pillow and close my eyes, my hand resting on my stomach. Little Jonny. I wipe my tears away as soon as the door behind to open. Tobias walks in with a forming bruise on his neck and arms. His lip is busted but it somehow makes him look all that more attractive.
    "Are you okay?" He asks, pulling me into a gentle hug. I hold onto him for dear life.
   "I'm fine, my head hurts that's all," I lie. I can't tell him the truth now. He nods and sits on the edge next to me.
    "Do you remember what happened?" He asks.  
     "Um, its all very blurry, but yeah," I say. He cocks his head to the side.
    "Tris, what's wrong?" He asks. He knows me too well. I look away from him, not able to lie while looking him in those ocean blue eyes.
    "I'm fine."
    "Bea-"
    "I'm fine," I snap. He stands up and tucks his hands in his jeans. "Can you do me a favor?" I ask. He nods. "Can you please call my dad and have him come in the morning," I say, trying not to cry. I know I should be talking to my husband about this, but it's far too hard to do right now.
    "Okay."
    ××××××××××
     I'm woken by someone resting their hand on mine. Slowly, I open my eyes and look at around. After blinking the fogginess away, I see my dad sitting in the chair beside my bed. I force a smile.
    "Four called and said you needed me," he says. I nod. "Sweety, what's wrong," he asks. I break down in tears.
    "I lost it," I sob, placing my free hand on my stomach again. He looks confused. "I was pregnant, five months along. They had to do a c-section. I-I can't tell him."
    My dad stands up and wraps his arms around him.  "You have to tell him. It will only hurt worse if you don't, and it'll hurt him when he finds out. This will all turn out as its supposed to." 
    "How do I get through this?" I ask. He wipes my tears away.
    "I can't say that you will."

AN: First chapter a of the second book and it already has problems. At least she's okay for the most part. In my defense, I wasn't going to have this happen, but I had an idea and it's good guys! Trust me. Please tell me your thoughts and share! Be brave 🔪🔪🔪 -Veah