Not So Happy

Tobias's POV
     I wake to the sound of the bed lifting and Tris winces. She bends over and puts my shirt on. She stares blankly at the wall ahead of her. "You okay?" I ask.
    She turns around and looks at me in surprise. "I'm fine. Just very sore," she answers. I give her a smile and watch as she walks into the bathroom. A loud knock comes from the living room.
    I stand and put my boxers and sweats on and go to answer the door. Tris's parents give me a small smile and come in. Andrew hands me Jax who is sleeping.
     "I'm gonna put him in his crib and get Tris," I tell them. They nod and let me go. After I put Jax down on the nursery I go to the room and knock on the bathroom door. Tris pokes her head out. "Are you okay?" I ask.
    "Yeah," she says, wincing and taking a deep breath. I know better than that, so I push the door open and go in, closing it behind us. She has bruises around her waist and one on her shoulder, and wrists.
    I fit my hand to one of them. "This happened again," I whisper to myself. She looks up at with fear in her eyes. She realizes that notice this.
    "I'm not scared of you, I'm scared that your gonna be like last time. Not going to touch me," she says, her voice cracking. I cup her cheek, looking into her grey-blue eyes.
      "That won't happen. I just feel terrible. You said I wasn't being too rough last night," I say. She shakes her head.
    "You weren't. My body might just be really sensitive now since I had Jax," she says. I nod, looking at the bruises again. I open the door.
    "Get dressed. Long sleeve to cover the bruises on your wrists. Your parents are here," I tell her. She nods and  follows me out. She winces with every step.
     After she gets dressed, we go out to the living room. "Sorry for taking so long," I say. We sit down across from her parents. Tris slowly lowers herself, biting her tongue to keep from wincing.
      "Your wearing your ring again?" Natalie asks. Tris looks at me and nods.
    "We-we're getting remarried," I tell them. They look at each other in shock. Andrew smiles at Tris while Natalie looks down at the ground.
     "Can I talk to you Four?" She asks. I stand up and lead her out to the balcony. "You weren't unfaithful, you turned abusive." My eyes widen and I can feel my face pale.
    "Excuse me?"
    "My husband doesn't keep things from me. For some reason my daughter and husband have forgiven you, but I'm nowhere close go that. You have laid a hand in my little girl and that's unforgivable."
     "I guess you won't be staying for lunch?"

AN: comment! Share! Be brave 🔪🔪🔪   -Veah