Decisions

Tobias's POV
        Tris gets up and rushes into the bedroom. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before looking back at my sons. They are right, there's no denying the resemblance. I'm just finding it extremely hard to believe that I would do something so careless.
      I stand up and go to boys and kneel down. I look at Jax. "Can you go check on mommy for me please?" I tell him. He nods and runs to the room. The little boy looks at me with wondrous eyes. My eyes. The same navy blue color I have. "What's your name, buddy?"  He asks.
      "Damion," he answers in a shy voice. I pick up a toy truck.
      "You like trucks?" I ask. He shakes his head.  Its terrible to not know shit about your own son. "Your amity?"
     "Yeah," he says. His eyes meet mine. "But when I older, I wanna be Dauntless." I can't help but smile at that. I stand back up and look at Veronica.
     "I don't need a test to know the truth, that part is obvious. But I can't make the decision of raising another child without my wife's input. I'll get back to you as soon as possible." I tell her. She stands up and takes the boys hand.
        "Thank you. I hope this doesn't cause you and your wife too much trouble. That isn't my intention." I want to believe that, but I know to always keep an eye out. I go to the door and open it for her and the boy. He looks up at me as they pass.
     xxxxxxxxxx
      Inside the room lays Tris and Jax asleep on the bed. She's holding him tightly against her and he's curled up in a ball. Her mascara is is dry under her eyes a little bit.
    I try prying Jax from her but she jumps, waking up. Her eyes meet mine. She doesn't look mad, just upset.
    "Let him sleep. He'll wake in a little bit anyways,"  she says as she gets up. She covers Jax's small body with the blanket and leads me out to the living room.
      "Are you okay?" I ask her. She scuffs.
     "Your me that. You just found out you have three year old you didn't know about. How are you?" She says. I shrug.
      "Its crazy, knowing that I have a son I didn't know about. I don't know anything about my son. And this is all because I made a mistake one night and got too drunk," I say. She takes my hand and pulls me to sit down with her. "Are you mad at me?"
     "I can't be. We were divorced, you were free to do what you wanted with whoever you wanted. I can't be mad at that. However, I do feel like this is my fault. If I hadn't wanted that stupid divorce-"
    "If we hadn't gotten divorced I would be an abusive husband," I say. She closes her eyes. "If this is bugging you, we don't have to-"
     "Tobias, I know you. You won't be able to go on knowing that you have a son that you don't know. As your wife, I'm going to respect the decision you make. If you want to take this child in, let's do it. If not, okay then."
      I squeeze her hand. "I love you so much, Tris," I tell her. She blink back tears.
     "I love you too," she says.
     "Tris please tell.me what's wrong." Its like she shuts down. She shakes her head and bites her lip.
     "I'm just so tired," she says.
    "Of what?" I ask, scared to hear her answer.
      "I don't know really. I think it was the whole baby thing, but we don't have to worry about that anymore," she says.
    "Why wouldn't we have to worry about that anymore?"
      "We're gonna have another child here. I can't be so stressed and have a newborn," she explains. She's right. "I was gonna tell you a whole ago anyways that I wanted to stop trying. Its no use anymore."
       "Its not no use. We wanted something so we tried. Why didn't you just tell me you wanted to stop trying?"
     "Cause you still had hope while I lost it."

AN: Gonna end the chapter here cause it was getting too emotional for me to write 😂. Updated are good ng to be normal paced now!! Comment. Be brave 🔪🔪🔪 -Veah