Truth

Tris's POV
    I knock on Chris's email front door. Her and Will night still be asleep right now. Sleep didn't come last night after that dream. Seems I can't sleep without him next to me, but I can't sleep next to him either.
     The door opens and Chris stands there ready for the day. She gives me a once over. "You okay?" She asks.
    "No," I admit. "Can I talk to you?" I ask. She nods and let's me in. We walk over to the couch and sit down.
    "What's wrong? Is this about you and Four?" She asks. I nod.
    "I'm scared," I say. Her face shows confusion. "I hid the miscarriage from him, when he found out, he got mad; he beat me. I didn't know I was pregnant again and he caused another miscarriage because he kicked my stomach. We've been trying to work things out."
    She covers her mouth with her hand. "He-he did what?"
    "Punched, kicked, and chocked me," I answer. Tears flood her eyes. "I love him, but I stay with him. I'm terrified. I have actual nightmares about it happening again," I tell her.
    "Does he know your scared?" She asks. I shake my head. "You need to leave him," she says.
   "I-i'm not sure if I'm strong enough to do that," I tell her. She takes my hands in hers.
    "You have to. I'm your best friend, your like a sister to me, and I can't let you do this to yourself. If you let this go on, your stuck with this for life and you can't live this way. I won't let you live this way," she says.
     A sob wracks my body. "I love him," I cry. She shakes her head and takes me into her arms.
   "I know, I know you do. But you have to do this for your own safety and health."
      ×××××××××
     "Tobias!" I yell when I get inside the house. He comes out of the room, hair almost dry. I sit down at the kitchen island. "Can we talk?" I ask. He nods and leads against the bar.
    "Is this about why you've been so distant?" He asks.
   "Kind of," I reply. He sighs and taps his knuckles against the counter. "You love me right?" He scuffs.
    "Of course I do, you know that. Why are you asking?" He says. I blink away tears.
   "If you love me, you'll understand and let me do this. I changed my mind; this has to end. I can't work through this," I tell him.
     He closes his eyes. "Divorce or se-"
    "Divorce," I state. He looks away from me. I place my hand on his. "I'm scared. I've been having nightmares of what happened happening again." He nods.
    "I'm not going to try and male you stay," he says. "You want out I respect that. Just give me a kiss," he asks. I stand up and go over to him.
      I rest my hands on his shoulder and look into his eyes, but they aren't the same. There cold and hateful. He slaps hard across the face. I stumble back. He walks over to me and punches me down to the ground.
    "Divorce it is.

   AN: Y'all hate me right now!!! Wahaha! Comment! Be brave 🔪🔪🔪 -Veah