Idiots

Two months into separation
               Tris's POV
    Tobias falls onto his back on the bed, chest rising and falling rapidly. This has been the way we are lately. We're separated... Kind of. We keep coming back to each other...in ways.
     He takes my hand in his and drawls slow, relaxing circles on my palm. "We're idiots," he says. I look over at him. "For thinking that this separation was going to actually work. We keep coming back to each other and it might just be me, but I want more than sex."
    I look up at the ceiling. "Let's end the separation and try to get back to where we were," I suggest. He moves so he's laying in his side facing me.
    "That's only if you want. I'm down for it, I just want to make sure that your not just doing this for me," he says, moving my hair our of my face. I rest my hand on his.
    "I want this. I want you," I tell him. I trace the dauntless symbol on his side. "Your right about this being stupid. I should have known that we would end up...like this."
    "Are you still scared of me?" He asks. I stay silent, not knowing the answer. I'm not sure of I am or not.
    "I don't know yet. We'll see the next time you get mad at me," I say. He looks past me then into my eyes. "How's management going?" I ask. He blushes at the subject.
   "Well I think that the guy thinks that he tries to get me mad. He thinks that your crazy for staying with me after I beat the crap out of you and causing you to lose our baby."
    "I am a pshyco bitch for that," I say. He groans and squeezes his eyes shut. "Zeke still asks me what the hell happened that day. I don't know what do tell him when he does."
    "The truth; tell him the truth. You shouldn't have to lie about something I did," he says. Is shake my head.
    "He's your best friend; I don't want to be the cause of that ending. I'm pretty sure he'd think differently of you. They all would." He sighs.
    "You should too. I'm still confused as to why you didn't file for divorce-"
     "Cause I love you and what to work through this...of possible. Right now we're in a good track and I want to keep it this way. Let's just forget it ever happened and move on."

An: This is short for a reason. Comment! Be brave 🔪🔪🔪 -Veah