Chapter 39 - Cold sheets.

Chapter 39

He left.

Nothing but cold sheets in replacement of where his body laid.

I don't know how to feel because I knew, I just knew he'd leave. But I was hoping that the feeling in the pit of my stomach was wrong.

I feel so numb.

Everything is numb and I don't want to go downstairs because I'm scared that the little hope in me that's telling me he's down there is going to be wrong, because I know it is. He's not here. He's long gone.

I was hoping that I'd wake up next to him. But I'm pregnant and he's Zayn. It was never going to turn out how I wanted it to be. I sigh quietly and check my phone for a message or any missed phone calls. But there's absolutely nothing.

With a huge sigh, I stand to my feet and slowly walk out my bedroom door and head downstairs to find out for myself if he really is still here. Weak or not, I'll have to find out.

I enter the dinning room where both James and Amber are chatting quietly while eating their cereal and Amber pauses to look at me. Her face slightly drops and she smiles half heartedly.

"Re-"

"He's gone isn't he." It's more of a statement than a question.

Amber takes a while to answer as her and James exchanges uneasy expressions. James speaks this time. "He spoke to us before he lef-"

"Don't!"

He left.

"He said he'll call you." Amber says quickly and I cover my mouth as my heart feels as if someone is squeezing the blood out of it.

"Call me-?" I can barely say the words. "Why would he call me?! Is he going to call me to check if I'm thoroughly fucked and heart broken?!"

Amber stands and makes her way over to give me a reassuring hug. Nothing is as reassuring as Zayns touch.

She pulls away and James walks up to the both of us.

"He's got a lot going on too." He adds unsure.

Amber slaps his arm in pity. "Way to go dick head."

James looks at her confused. "What did I say?!"

I roll my eyes. "I'm going upstairs."

With a pace of an old lady, I walk back upstairs and into my bedroom to collapse on my bed.

Today, I'm doing absolutely nothing.

But think.

And think.

And think.

I've spent most of the day thinking about Zayn, missing Zayn. Fuck. Everything is just Zayn related and I fucking hate it.

My mind is racing with endless thoughts but it all comes around and hits straight where it hurts; Zayn leaving.

I cradle my stomach as I crawl into a ball on my bed. I can't be bothered changing my bag. I'm way too tired.

But when I hear my phone ring, I bag up whatever energy I have left to reach for it.

I take a deep breath and press it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hi." Zayn.

His voice does things to me.

But I should be angry at him.

"Hi." I say bluntly.

Don't show weakness.

"How are you?"