Chapter 38- Baby blues

Chapter 38

Everything happened so fast. I'm lying in the hospital bed, with the awful nighties that they offer to patients. It turns out everything is okay.

Well not entirely everything.

I found out I had hyperemesis gravidarum.

It's a severe form of morning sickness. Out of 1% of pregnant woman, I had to be under that one percent who suffered with this case. What I'm feeling now, is apparently just the beginning.

My nurse was shocked to see that I was only four weeks pregnant with this sever illness that is usually around during the second trimester of the pregnancy or It stops in the second trimester. I'm not sure but someone who's only four weeks pregnant, shouldn't be experiencing this so soon

What they did confirm that scared me the most, was that I could have died. I was lacking nutrients, energy, iron all of the stuff the body needs because I couldn't eat.

As I lie here now, I regret lying to Amber. I wish she took me to the doctors when she said so cause I wouldn't be in this mess.

I wouldnt feel like an awful parent.

I have to have an IV inside of me to help boost my nutrition back up since I can't eat for myself.

I had to take blood tests, to see how dehydrated I've become without any forms of liquids inside of me.

Because my baby is so young, they're giving me another transvaginal ultra sound to see how the baby is doing. I'm not sure how this is going to work, but they said the baby should be fine, but it's best to be safe.

"How are you feeling?" Zayn questions as he takes the seat beside me, that same worried look on his face.

"I'm okay."

He squeezes his eyes shut and grabs my hand. "I could have lost you." There's so much emotion in those 5 words that it tugs at my heart.

"I'm still here." I whisper.

"Barely." Zayn frowns.

I pierce my lips together. "I thought it was just morning sickness."

"You didn't eat for more than a week Victoria."

I look down guilty. "I tried."

"You should have known something was wrong. Because you couldn't eat, this baby is sucking the life out of you."

I roll my eyes. "This isn't twilight."

Zayn scowls. "The doctor even said it herself. Whatever nutrients you had inside of your body was draining out of you because of that baby."

"Are you going to continue to bash me for my mistakes or are you going to stay here and help me get through this?!" I don't realise it, but that annoying beeping, is my heart rate. I frown and look at the monitor. Well I guess I can't be discreet anymore.

"How are you feeling Miss Greene?" A male nurse, maybe around his late thirties walks in with a smile on his face.

"I'm better." I murmur and he nods.

"That's good, I'm Dr Harris and I will be checking to see if the baby is fine and what not. I'm sure you've had a transvaginal ultra sound before?"

I nod shyly.

"Will you be attending, sir?" The doctor shuts the curtains around us and I sit up slowly as I look at Zayn and swallow.

"What are you doing?" Zayn questions.