Chapter 33 - Trouble in paradise.

Chapter 33

I have to prepare myself when we walk into our room in silence. Since Zayn got off that phone call, he's been awfully quiet. And now that we're back on land and it's just the two of us. I know it's time to push it out of him.

Zayn walks towards the kitchen area and takes down a glass of water before facing me at the other end of the room. He runs a hand through his hair and sighs quietly.

"I have some news about Devon." Zayn finally says and I narrow my gaze at him.

"Sit." He commands, pointing down to the bar stool that's on the other side of the counter. I do as he says and wait patiently as he leans on the counter top.

"What is it?" I question curiously

"Chris Stranford called, the chief of police who interviewed everyone."

I nod. "Yeah. What happened?"

"Devon's on probation."

I raise an eyebrow. "Probation?!"

Zayn nods with irritation marked on his face.

"He's on probation, from breaking and entering and abusing your mom and sister?! That's all he got?!"

"He wasn't charged for abuse."

"What?!"

"There wasn't enough proof that he actually did anything to Waliyha or my mother."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I gape at him and he looks taken back. "He deserved more than this!"

"They can't do anything about it. His fucking records are clear. If there were any flaw, the consequences would be more major but because this is his first illegal doing, they put him on probation."

And apparently we're supposed to feel safe with the crime in the police's hands.

"They could have at least imprisoned him for a few months." I murmur devastatingly and Zayn walks around the counter to embrace me in a small hug.

"We'll take this fucker down."

That's freakishly reassuring.

I look up at Zayn and sigh. "Why does he have to ruin everything?"

Zayn sighs and gazes down at me, the small specs of stress lurking on his features. "He can't ruin everything. We're on holiday. We don't need any of that negativity here."

"Was there anything else Chris said?"

"No baby." Zayn leaves a small kiss against my nose and I screw my face up at him playfully. "And this conversation is over till we get back to London okay?"

I nod and he cups my face.

"How are you feeling?"

I frown. "I'm okay?" I say unsure.

"You're not feeling sick anymore?" Zayn says warily.

Oh. I giggle. "No, I'm fine."

"I can do anything. But cook." Zayn rolls his eyes. "I made my own girlfriend vomit."

"They were good. Maybe something was expired?" I shrug.

"Possibly. No more cooking from me." He half smiles and kisses me again.

Did I mention I love this Zayn.

"I was thinking."

"Oh no." Zayn groans.

"Do you want to go skinny dipping?" I question, grinning up at him as he gazes down at me confused.

"Skinny dipping?"