Chapter 20 - Sweet retreat.

I know I said in the last authors note thingy that I was half way done with this chapter, but I actually had so much going on during the week. So I'm sorryyyyy

Chapter 20

Soft lips brush tenderly along my jawline as I manage to pull myself out of my dreamworld and back to reality. I stir and stretch out my weak limbs and struggle to open my eyes to the raw daylight.

"Wake up, baby." Zayns voice is a whisper, and very, very slowly, I push myself to open my eyes. I blink rapidly and groan annoyed as the bare sunlight shines through the window, causing me to wince. "How are you feeling?" Zayn questions as I force myself to roll on my back. It's not as bad as yesterday, but there's still a tingle that reminds me of what happened.

"I'm okay." My voice is croaky but I half smile and he remains impassive. He's dressed for work and I pout. "You have to go?"

He nods, partially annoyed. "I have a meeting in half an hour and I'll make it my duty to consult Ted about Devon working at Java Hut."

I frown. "You're going back to Bradford?"

"After the meeting." He nods. "I'll be back tonight."

"Okay." I sniff and sigh quietly.

"What are you going to do today?" He questions warily.

I shrug. "I don't know-" But before I get to say anything else, the phone on his bedside table rings and he exhales annoyed before answering it.

"Yes, Mark? . . Uh, Okay, I'll be down in a minute." Zayn hangs up the phone and stands suddenly.

"What's wrong?" I question.

"My mother and your mother are in the elevator."

I raise my eyebrow. "Okay."

"With Emma." He murmurs quietly.

"Oh." I can't seem to disappear from this woman. "Um, can I shower?" I question, immediately changing the subject.

Zayn frowns but hides it away. "Let me see your back." He murmurs.

I lie flat on my chest and he gathers the shirt up to my neck and glides his finger in various places, where I'm guessing are the whip marks. I hiss when one of them manages to sting and he pulls away quickly.

"Sorry baby." He whispers. The bed dips slightly and he reaches for something on the side table. "This might sting a little, but it should help heal faster and avoid scarring. It's not as bad as it feels. After I put Neosporin on it, I'll mask it with Vaseline so you can shower."

Okay. "Go for it."

After he finishes soothing my back, I pull my shirt down and shuffle off the giant bed.

"Can I wear anything that will reveal my back, or is it too obvious?" I tie my hair up in a loose bun.

"You can't wear trousers Victoria."

"So I have to wear a dress?" I sob.

He perks his lips to the side. "Most likely, yes. I prefer you in a dress anyway. I'll have Mrs Conrad choose something for you. She has excellent taste."

Excellent taste she has. When I've finished showering, I walk into the wardrobe to find two sets of folded clothing. The first pile is a soft velvet dress. Too dark, but is perfect for hiding my back. The second pile is similar, but it's short sleeved and pale peach that corresponds well with my skin tone. I noticed that the inside material is silk, easy and calm against my back.

Pale peach dress it is.

It comes with a black high waisted belt and I find It looks similar to Ambers style of dresses, what does she call it again? Skater dresses? I don't know. I hate dresses. After one more judgmental look in the wall mirror, I make my way down stairs. All four of them are down in the lounge area, circled around the giant flat screen that I've never seen turned on at all.