Chapter 35 - Better left unsaid.

Chapter 35

She didn't say anything for the next ten minutes. We stand in the doorway of her bedroom in silence, embracing a hug that seemed to be going on forever.

I know what it's like. Even though you want to be alone, you always need someone there, someone who you can fall back on when it gets too hard. Someone who'll just hold you and remind you that everything will be okay even when you have the indecent thought to think that it's going to be worse.

No one should ever go through this type of pain.

Once you go through this pain, it becomes an emotion that you become more aware of as you grow. You get use to it. Which is scary because, how far can you go before you realise that you're not normal, and that you're actually depressed because of one stupid person who potentially ruined your life.

How far down can you go, before you realise no one can reach you?

"Zayn told me." I try to talk and she shifts, finally facing me. Her cheeks are flushed and my emotions sadden at the sight of her.

She walks back into her room, as do I after shutting the door.

"I need to show you something." She murmurs, voice cracking she sniffs and pulls up her shirt. "He marked me."

Just under her bra line on her rib bone, she points at the small print that's been scarred onto her bare skin.

"It's a date." I state the stupid obvious.

"The same date he, you know." Waliyha shrugs and pulls her shirt down.

"He's marking his victims." I narrow my gaze at her as if I'm trying to figure something out.

"Do you have one?" She questions.

I shake my head. "No."

I wonder if Amber has one.

"Did you hear that he's on probation?!" Waliyha gasps suddenly and I nod.

"Yeah I did." I murmur.

"He could come after you. You need to be careful."

"Don't worry about me. We need to worry about you."

She looks down, mood dimming again.

"You're strong. You confessed so soon."

"I want to get over this. I want to go on with my life like nothing happened." Waliyha says.

"I know what you mean. It sounds easier than it actually is."

Waliyah nods sadly, her cheeks finally filling with colour. "Zayn wants me to see a therapist."

I sigh. "Do you want too?"

She shakes her head. "I'm comfortable with you."

That's reassuring. But at the same time it's hard cause I'm having trouble with recovery myself.

"I agree though. I mean, I know what it's like. I've been through this. All they know is what they've been taught from a text book. They don't physically or mentally know what we're going through."

Waliyha nods. "I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you."

I look down. "It wouldn't have happened in the first place if I didn't meet Zayn." I whisper under my breath.

She frowns. "This isn't your fault."

"It is. I have my reasons why."

Her face is still confused, but she lets it slip as we both go silent into our deep dark minds.