Chapter 14 - Graduation.

Chapter 14

I feel as if I'm graduating high school all over again. Hearing the Chancellor yabber on and on about the benefits of graduating from such a wonderful place and going as far as the big names in some business I could care less about. But it's university. This is big. Another chapter is ending and another one is about to start in my life. My dark maroon gown and cap is on and I'm ready to take my degree and leave. Amber's late and James is sitting two rows below me with Adam and my father. And as for Zayn? I don't know where he is. He's probably with her. The blood inside of me boils as I remind myself what I saw in that restaurant. Of all places it had to be that one. Im so annoyed at him right now. Not only because of the little lunch date, but generally everything todo with her. The more I ignore this situation, the more I over think it. I think Zayn should understand what's on my mind for once.

A round of applause bursts through the crowd and I soon join in, my mind is everywhere else, but here. I don't even want to be here anymore.

"I'm honoured to announce our major benefactor to our University for the first time, please welcome, Mr. Taylor Kyles." The great Chancellor shakes Taylor's hand, and there is a soft applause radiating through the crowd. Taylor approaches the lectern and scans the hall through thick eyelashes and a scorching gaze. Taylor's sharp look reminds me of Zayn. Tall and forced to be reckoned with. He looks so confident and intimidating standing in front of us and with a small deep breath, he begins, his voice soft, careful, and mesmerising.

But as he starts to talk, I soon realise and decipher what his name means. Taylor Kyles. Why does that name sound familiar? I frown and narrow my gaze at him. I've never seen him before, but his name sounds familiar. Wait, maybe I have seen him before. Who the hell is he?! And it hits me, when everyone begins to clap and he sits back down gracefully beside the three Chancellor and two professors, that Taylor Kyles, the benefactor to my university, is not only Emma's husband. He's one of my Dads business partners. Holy shit. I knew the name sounded familiar.

After the vice Chancellor and one of the professors rises from their seats, we begin the long process of collecting our degrees. There are over three hundred to be given out, and it takes just over an hour before I hear my name. I make my way up to the stage carefully and approach Taylor. He gazes down at me, his gaze welcoming, but clouded.

"Congratulations, Miss Victoria Greene," he says as he shakes my hand. "I hope all is well." Taylor says. I don't think it's intentionally meant to scare me. But it does. He hands me my degree with a warm smile and my opinion about him changes as I walk off the stage and back to my seat. The ceremony continues on after all the graduates have been rewarded their degrees. But after another hour of speeches, the Chancellor leads the faculty members off the stage to yet more rousing applause, preceded by Taylor himself. It's finally over. Three hours of sitting amongst these people and I'm able to walk out, a graduated woman.

I take a deep breath and stand, waiting patiently as the row of students who were sitting beside me make their way out of the row. James is already waiting for me with a big, wide smile on his face and I can't help but smile back.

"Congratulations babe!" He smiles widely and I throw my arms around him, embracing him in a big hug which in return, he lifts me up and spins around before putting me down. I chuckle to myself and slowly push him away.

"Thank you for coming!" I smile.

"I saw Amber before, she's with Adam and your dad at the moment."

"She wasn't even here!"

"She was."

Oh.

"I didn't even see her get her degree."