Chapter 11 - Going nowhere.

Chapter 11

My skin prickles; tingling as the trace of someone's touch glides across my cheek. The first instinct I do is shrug it away followed by a grunt and in return, they chuckle. Light very, very slowly sneaks into my dark world, pulling me into reality and out of a deep sleep and I frown with annoyance. No. I screw my eyes close, desperate for more sleep, but It's too late.

"Wake up." Zayn, I'm thinking, mutters, but it sounds muffled.

"No." I mumble back.

"Victoria, you're going to be late for work."

Like I give a shit. I'm always late. "Let me be."

"Come on." His demanding voice is enough for me to know its Zayn.

I don't answer back, I lay rested. Well, trying too.

"Victoria."

I pull the blankets over my head to escape from him, and just as fast, Zayn whips them off me. Finally, I open my eyes and glare at him. "I'm awake!" I spit.

He looks humoured. "And you're very grumpy." Zayn says. I didn't anticipate him to say that.

I pierce my lips together stubbornly, trying my hardest to suppress myself from smiling, but I give in.

"Good morning Miss Greene." He smiles, staring down at me. The normal sex styled hair and honey brown eyes glistening in that way, causing angels to sing in my head and my poor heart to flutter. Why does he have to be so beautiful?

"Morning." I mutter.

He sighs. "Still not a morning person, I see."

"Still the same." I half smile sarcastically in return and he narrows his gaze.

"I'll take you to Java hut."

"Is it almost half past?"

He nods. I groan annoyed. Why did I take morning shift?

"Here." He hands me a Malik cell which I take hesitantly. "I had them transfer all your personal stuff from your old phone to this one."

I raise my eyebrow. "Is this new?"

"Yes. Don't throw it in the lake again." Zayn warns quietly.

"Thanks." I murmur.

"Are you still angry at me?" He questions, out of nowhere.

I perk my lips to the side. "Yes."

"Why?"

"You know why."

"Why don't you like her?" He tries to keep a poker face, but I can tell he's too agitated.

"Who Emma? Do you want the list or do you want me to say it off the top of my head?"

"Don't start."

You started it.

"Don't ask me something you're trying to avoid talking about."

He scowls at me looking as if I offended him instead and I close my mouth from going any further. Zayn looks as if he's trying to find something to say. Or knows what to say but is coming up with a better alternative. "Go get changed." He Barks.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to talk about it at all. Sighing, I tug the blankets off and walk towards my draws. I pull out the black uniform shirt that I have to wear for java hut and a pair of pale blue washed out jeans. I am aware that Zayns watching me. He's already changed, but he looks so strange lying on my bed. I don't say anything to him when I go into the bathroom, or when I come out of the bathroom. He's still in the same place, but he's on his Malik Cell.