Chapter 22 - Broken promises.

A/N: a lot of people are saying there is no chapter 20. There is, you're probably not looking probably, cause if I can see it, you should probably be able to see it. Anywaaayyyy, y'all going to need some tissues or some big ass jersey. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Shit chapter btw, sorry

Chapter 22

I sit up frantically and his eyes widen, mirroring my gesture and grabbing hold of my arm as if he's scared I'm going to run. "You were with her?!" I snarl.

"Let me explain."

"Explain what?! That you saw Emma behind my back after you chose me over her."

"Victoria, just let me explain the story!" He doesn't realise it, but his hand around my arm is tightening and I try to shrug him away. "Please!"

I huff annoyed. "I don't even know if you deserve an explanation."

"Please, just hear me out."

It takes every bit of strength in me not to slap him, but there has to be a reason. "Fine."

Zayn sighs in relief and moistens his lips.

-flashback-

Marks POV

After we finished our meeting, I'm pretty fucking surprised to find that the boss wants to go to the bitches place as soon as we landed on the helipad.

Even if I've been divorced for ten years, I sure as hell know that this fucked up stunt the boss is pulling, is stupid. He must have collected a fuck load of balls to see the devil behind Victorias back. Has the bastard even thought this through? Probably fucking not because he's too selfish to even consider his own girlfriends feelings.

But then again, it's the first time since I've known the boss, that he's gone as far as a relationship for a girl that isn't Emma. He pretty much is pussy whipped, but if he repeats this again, who fucking knows what will happen.

I pull into the bitches driveway and park the car up front in the boss' use-to-be-usual-parking and open the car door for Malik.

"Stay by me." The boss murmurs as Emma opens her house door to welcome the both of us in. I really don't want to fucking walk into her home. I get the fucking chills just looking at her predatory gaze.

"I'm glad you made it." Emma says but is cut off by Zayn.

"What is so important that you had to show me?" Zayn frowns, partially annoyed, but obviously fucking curious enough to be coming around here.

Emma sighs exasperatedly. "We'll talk about it inside." Emma says, gesturing back to the open door, which I reluctantly leave open for the two fucked up characters.

"I'd rather not, I think I need to be in a more public lighting." Zayn frowns and Emma mirrors his expression.

"Very well, I'll turn the house alarm on before we leave." Emma turns on her heel and flicks her gaze towards me.

"Have you upgraded your alarm system?" Zayn frowns.

"Got it installed yesterday." Emma smiles.

"Well, I'm sure that's not necessary." Zayn says exasperated and impatient. "Just tell me now."

"It's about Taylor and it involves a lot of paperwork, I can't just tell you here. Let me get them and we can discuss what-"

"Okay, okay, just make it quick. This place gives me too much memories."

Emma frowns and glances over at me. "Good memories, I hope." Emma's tone is somewhat hurt.

Zayn doesn't reply. Good fucking move.