Chapter 21 - Bipolar.

Sorry this chapter is everywhere:P

Chapter 21

I stand, shell shocked and immobilised. Devon did this?! Why is it always Emma?

"Why didn't you take her to the hospital?!" I blanch, staring down at Emma's weak body laid before him on the couch.

"She doesn't want to go to the hospital, Victoria! You don't think I offered her that!" Zayn shakes his head, mildly annoyed and gazes intently down at Emma. "Mark, did you call Dr. Caldur."

"Yes sir."

"Sir." Mrs Conrad is back with a first aid kit on her hands. Mark must have told her what was going on when she called him. "Would you like me to-"

"Yes, yes, yes." Zayn nods and stands as Mrs Conrad busies herself with Emma's open wounds. Zayn lingers behind, watching carefully.

"What happened?!" I question.

"You don't need to know Victoria." Zayn mutters.

"Zayn!" Emma scowls at him and I blink at her confused.

"I'm not telling her with you in the room."

"Tell me what?" I frown confused and Zayn pierces his lips together in a firm line.

Mrs Conrad gazes up at me questioningly and refocus' her gaze back on Emma's arm when she realises I'm looking at her as well. She carefully, unwinds the material from Emma's arm and finds that the blood has dried, causing it to seemingly stick to her wound. Emma winces as Eve pulls it off gently and Zayn frowns in response.

"Be careful." Zayn demands gently to Eve.

Mrs Conrad closes her eyes, seemingly annoyed but very calm. "Mr Malik, I can look after her before Dr. Caldur arrives. You need some rest."

"I'm not leaving." Zayn states formally.

"Sir, Dr Caldur is on his way." Mark says as he walks into the room.

"Good."

Mark turns to me and half smiles, but besides that, he's impassive, refusing to give anything away. I really want to know what happened.

"She has internal bleeding on her right side." Mrs Conrad murmurs to Zayn.

My focus is back on Emma. Everything is slow and I'm not sure if I can move. The same feeling of being an outsider creeps up on me. No, stop feeling like this. Shaking my head, I glance at Zayn, his worried but impassive gaze and even though he's holding her hand, I know he generally cares about her. How am I suppose to react to this! it feels as if he's hers.

The guilt inside of me and the grief I feel for her in this position is palpable. She's hurt because of me. Amber is made a deal with Devon because of me. Everything. It's because of me and Devon. I hope he's not working today, because he the last person I want to see or even talk too.

"Dr Caldur, sir." Mark says, inviting in a well dressed middle aged man. He's holding a brief case and almost resembles Taylor. But he has dark, dark brown hair. Dr Caldur seems genuine and calm.

Zayn greets him, a quick handshake and he leads the good Doctor to Emma.

Mrs Conrad gives him a brief description on what she has done to Emma so far and Zayn is listening carefully to every little detail.

After a moment, Mrs Conrad and Dr Caldur exchange goodbyes before she quickly exits out of the lounge room. She looks at me sympathetically and smiles. "Are you okay Miss Greene?"

I nod, quiet and not bothering to say anything about this situation. "I'm going to get ready for work."

"Okay."