Chapter 13 - Guy Code.

Chapter 13

"Re! Seriously. Are you even listening?"

I shake my head out of my daze and focus my vision on Amber who is still trying to grab my attention. I sigh quietly to myself and stand.

"I'll be right back." I mutter, making my way up the three step staircase. My mind is too focused on Zayn and James. I'm curious as hell. Zayn, won't tell me. James will, I hope. But I want to listen for myself.

"No! Where are you going?" Amber protests, eyebrow risen.

"I just want to see what Zayns doing with James. You can come if you want too, but you have to keep quiet." I mutter.

"But I need to talk-"

"Not now, after."

Amber scowls in disapproval but continues behind me as I walk near the bathroom. The voices are muffled, I can't quite hear anything till we come closer and closer to the bathroom door.

"Is Zayn with him-"

"Sshh." I press my ear to the door, but the voices don't seem to come from the bathroom.

"They're in there?" Amber points to the library-Gym-punishment-weird-transforming-stalker room as the door clicks shut. I swallow and look at Amber. "What's in there?" She questions curiously.

"Um, library."

"Library?" Amber questions sardonically. I slap her arm and press my index finger to my mouth, indicating her to keep quiet. "Shit, sorry. Why would Zayn take him to the library? Is there a bathroom in there?"

"I don't think James needed to go to the bathroom, he just wanted to get away from Zayn and I." I mutter quietly.

"I don't blame him. I would too."

I narrow my gaze at Amber and she throws her hands up defensively.

"I just don't like him Re!" Amber says defensively and I walk back into the kitchen, seeing that she won't keep her voice down low.

"Yeah, but can you at least show that you care." I mutter, perching on the stool.

"Well I don't!"

I pierce my lips together and sigh annoyed. "Pretend!"

"I'm not faking shit." Amber rolls her eyes and leans on the bench in front of me. Manicured hands tapping against the counter top rhythmically, showing me that each tap sounds as if it's a ticking time bomb and I'm running out of time before she explodes with an unneeded lecture.

"You really hate him that much?" I ask innocently.

"Ahh- yeah."

I shake my head. "You did like him at one point."

"Before I found out what he really is. He sickens me!"

"Why?!"

"Because of what he is Re!"

"It's not my fault I love him." I shrug.

Amber screws her face in such disgust it's almost as if she's going to vomit. She pauses before saying what's burning on her tongue and closes her eyes, letting out a throaty sigh. "You don't even know him!"

"No Amber, you don't. I've seen sides of him that you'll never see because you never give him the benefit of the doubt."

"The benefit of the doubt? He doesn't deserve a second chance with you!"

"Well it's obviously too late to reason with me, cause I've made my choice."

"I hope you don't regret it."