Chapter 39

Harry's head jerks up and looks right at Jerica to see her eyes on him. Anne stands up and whispers. "I'll go find a doctor, let him know she's awake." She then walks out leaving them alone.

"What happened?" Jerica asks.

Harry stands up and moves to the chair closer to the bed. "Peter got released from jail. Some how he found where you were living, he blew your house up, but don't worry, Timmy is fine." Harry reassures her. "He and Rico was in the pool, they weren't hurt. I'm so sorry babe, Marta was killed in the blast."

Jerica closes her eyes as a few tears seep out and rolls down her temples to her hair line, she only reopens them when she feels Harry wipe them away. "Marta was pregnant, it would have been her and Rico's 5th child." Jerica whispers.

Harry nods. "I know, I've had a chance to talk to him. To thank him for keeping our son safe. Rico is a very kind man." Harry says.

"How long have I been here?" Jerica asks.

"Two months, the renovations to your villa is about done." Harry tells her. "I put Rico in charge of overseeing that, to give him something to do to take his mind off his loss."

"Has it worked? Is he okay?" Jerica asks.

"Yeah, he has the contractors doing everything they're supposed to be doing. The place looks great. According to Gemma, better than it did before." Harry smiles.

Jerica nods. "Harry? Where is our son?"

"Babe he's safe. Timmy is with Andi and Louis." Harry whispers. "God Jeri, he's so smart, you've done an amazing job with him. I just wish I could claim some credit, but all he gets from me are his looks." Harry whispers, looking down at his lap.

"Harry?" Jerica whispers, reaching out, slightly tugging on his long hair. "Look at me." She says. When he raises his head and looks her in the eyes, Jerica just looks at him for a few seconds. "How long?"

Harry frowns. "How long for what?" He asks.

"How own long have you been clean this time?" Jerica asks him. "And please don't lie to me."

"Since you left, when I hurt you that last time." Harry says as a few tears escape from the corners of his eyes. "I dumped all the pills I had and flushed them, haven't touched any since then. Been drunk off my ass a few times, but I haven't touched the pills that cause me to hurt you." Harry tells her.

Jerica nods. "I heard about the drinking, heard what you said about all that also." Jerica says. "Harry as long as you never touch the drugs again you can see Timmy as much as you want, you're his dad, I never wanted to keep you two apart. I just needed to keep my son safe." Jerica whispers.

"What about you?" Harry asks. "Not that I'm not glad to be able to see my son whenever I want, but what about his mom? I want you to be a part of that package also. Jeri, I love you, I haven't been with anyone since laying eyes on you. No one comes close to comparing to you as far as I'm concerned." Harry says.

"Prove to me you can stay clean, and we'll work on us. That's all I can promise right now Harry. But I can tell you this, I still love you also." Jerica whispers. "If I didn't I wouldn't give you another chance."

Harry nods, leans over and kisses Jerica's cheek. "I won't fuck this time, I promise."
............

Harry is sitting in the chair next Jerica's bed, eyes closed, when he feels the small body of his son climbing into his lap. With a smile he opens his eyes and wraps his arms around the boy. "What do you think you're doing?" Harry asks quietly.

Timmy places his nose to Harry's and whispers. "Uncle Lou said mommy is awake. Daddy I just wanted to wake you up first, mommy can be grumpy if you wake her to early." Timmy giggles.

Harry snorts. "Oh really?"

"That's so not true." Jerica giggles as she watches Timmy and Harry from the bed. Seeing father and son together like that makes her wish she had her painting supplies here.

Timmy turns and looks at his mom. "Then why do you growl when I wake you?" He asks, making Harry laugh.

"Son, you need to learn the difference between a growl and a groan." Jerica laughs. "Now your daddy growls when you wake him up to early."

"I only growl at beautiful blondes who hog the bed and steal the covers." Harry says.

"Ha, I wouldn't have to do that if someone wouldn't turn our room into a freezer." Jerica teases.

Harry laughs. "Maybe I only do that because I like to snuggle."

"Then why are you two way over there?" Jerica says as she scoots over a little and pats the bed.

Harry has tears in his eyes as he sets Timmy down on Jerica's bed so he could crawl in beside her. "Thank you." He whispers.

"I love you. Just don't fuck up again." Jerica whispers.

"Never." Harry whispers back as he hugs Jerica and Timmy to his side. That's what his mom sees when she walks in minutes later.