Chapter 14

The next morning, after being stuck, prodded, poked on and finally deemed okay to return home, Harry is finally released from the hospital. Walking into his condo, he heads straight for his room, the first thing he plans on doing is taking a shower, then he's going to the lake. He's going to find Jeri, even if it kills him.
Walking out of his room after his shower, Harry sees Louis sitting on the sofa. "What are you still doing here? I thought you were going to the shop?" Harry asks.

"I am. I just want to make sure you're not planning on doing anything stupid." Louis says.

"I'm not. Look louis, I need to find her. I have to let her know I didn't mean those things I said." Harry says. "I know of a few places to look that maybe you and Andi don't know about."

"Fine, just be careful. And Harry don't hurt her again, she deserves better." Louis says as he walks toward the door.

"I never meant to hurt her the first time Lou. I really do love her." Harry whispers.

Louis nods. "Call and let me know if you find her. Andi is worried, Jeri has never disappeared for this long." He says as he walks out the door.

Harry walks into the kitchen, puts a few bottles of water into a waterproof cooler, grabs his phone, throws it in there, picks up his keys, locks the door and makes his way to his car. When Harry gets to Jerica's property, he throws the cooler strap over his head, walks to the edge of the lake and dives in. Once on the other side he takes several deep breaths before diving under and into the opening that takes him to the secret cave only he and Jeri knows about. Once on the other side, Harry lifts himself out of the small pool. Looking around he sees Jerica curled up on a sleeping bag near an easel she's set up. The painting on the easel is of him, it's so beautifully done it brings tears to Harry's eyes. Slipping the cooler out from around his neck, he makes his way to where Jerica is lying, kneeling down down beside her he reaches out and places his hand on her shoulder.
"Jeri, babe, please talk to me." Harry whispers.

Jerica jerks her shoulder away from Harry's touch. "Go away Harry. I have nothing to say to you. If you really wanted to talk it wouldn't have taken you 4 days to find me." She stutters out.

Harry sighs and lays down beside her, wraps his arms around her, pulling her to him. "Baby no. I was in the hospital. I just got out today, I came here as soon as I could. I swear." Harry whispers as he buries his face in her hair. "Louis told me what happened, what I said and did. I don't remember doing or saying that." He says, then he goes on to tell her what Randy told him, about all the different types of drugs found in his water bottle, the side effects they can cause.

Jerica rolls over, looks up at Harry. "Why would that girl drug you like that? Harry I don't understand."

"I don't know. That's not a question I thought to ask." Harry says. "I was more worried about where you were and what caused me to act the way I did. Why I would say the things I did when I clearly didn't mean them, Jeri, I love you, I don't even remember what I said that day." He whispers, hugging her to him.

Jerica pulls back, looks at Harry. "Your phones ringing." She says.

"Yeah, I was trying to ignore it." Harry says as he reaches behind him for the cooler he put his phone in. Seeing Louis' number he answers it. "Dude what do you want?"

"Did you find Jeri?" Louis asks somewhat out of breath.

"I did. I told you I knew of a few places to look. Why?" Harry asks, putting his phone on speaker so Jerica could hear what's being said.

"Randy found out why Jessi drugged your ass. Peter is her fucking brother, he's pissed she picked you after knowing him for so long, and caring for her brother the way he did." Louis says. "That's where she got most the drugs, Peter gave them to her. I don't know where you guys are, don't want to know, so don't tell me. Randy think we're all being watched. Stay where you are if you can." Louis says. "I'll call you when Peter has been taken care of. Oh and Jeri, I'll try and have your place cleaned up before you guys get back."

"Wait! What do you mean, have my place cleaned up?" Jerica asks. "What the fuck happen at my place?"

"Uhm, maybe pictures will be better than us trying to explain." Louis says. "But don't worry, like I said Andi and I will take care of things here, you guys just stay hidden until we call you."

"Okay Lou, we'll stay put. I doubt anyone will be able to find us here." Harry smiles.

"Yeah, we have a constant supply of food and water, we're fine." Jerica says. "Just send those pictures, I want to know what that bastard did to my place."

"Okay, hopefully I can call you guys in a few days and let you know it's safe to come home." Louis says. "Stay safe." He says before hanging up.