Chapter 23

Harry reaches for the trash can next to him and throws up, then groans. "Why is it she only hears the bad shit I say anymore?"

"Maybe because that's all that comes out of your mouth anymore, shit." Louis says. "What's happened to you Harry? Why have you turned back into that guy you were a few years ago, before you stopped dating? Didn't Jeri prove to you plenty of time over the past few months not to be like all those other girls? Hell even I heard you mention your mom's name in a conversation and she never jumped on it like all those other girls would, and you never treated them as badly as you have her." Louis says as he sits down next to Harry.

Harry leans his head back on the sofa. "I don't know, I guess I got scared. Here I was, feeling things I'd never felt for someone before. Then I find myself buying her that ring, I wasn't even planning on giving it to her when I did." Harry sighs. "But when I thought she was going to leave me, I thought what the hell, I like her enough to practically live with her. Being engaged can't be much different, it's not like we had to get married right away, right? Then, I don't know, my brain started coming up with all kinds of ways to piss her off, make her the one to look bad in everyone's eyes. Make it look like Jeri was using me, just like all the others, just so I didn't have to admit I was scared to death."

Louis just shakes his head. "That's just fucked up. You lost the best thing to ever walk into your life, just because you couldn't be honest with her like she was with you." Louis says. "Maybe your mom is right, you're not ready to be a parent yet. Leave Jeri alone Harry, she doesn't need you to keep fucking up her life, not now."

Harry just nods and walks out. He goes home throws some clothes in a bag, drives to the airport and right before his plane take off he sends Louis a text telling him he's going home, back to the UK to check on the businesses there. He'll be back in a few weeks.
.................

Jerica stands on the rocky cliff overlooking the valley below as she places her hand on her swollen belly. Her house is almost completed, Jake has promised he'll build a beautiful rock wall all around the edge of her property, with a gate leading to the lake, so when her child gets old enough he or she won't wonder to close to the cliff.

"Jeri? Hun, we need to leave if we're going to make it to your appointment on time." Anne says as she walks up behind the now eight and half month pregnant girl.

Jerica nods as she wraps her coat more tightly around her. "Momma Anne? Are you staying here with us once this baby is born? Or are you going home to see if you can find Harry?" Jerica asks the wonderful woman she's fallen in love with.

"Honey, after what that boy of mine has done, I could care less about him." Anne snaps out. "No sweety, I'm staying right here with you and my grandbaby."

Jerica nods as she blinks back her tears. "I still can't believe he missed his best friend's wedding. I mean I know he hates me now but that's not a good reason to ignore someone you've known most your life." She whispers.

"I quit trying to figure Harry out when he let you get away dear." Anne says as she parks her car at Karen's house.

Harry frowns when he opens the door to his condo. Dropping his bag by the door he looks around, unless Louis has had an identity crisis, they must have a woman living here now. Just as he's about to pick his bag back up Louis' bedroom door opens.
"I'll be damn. The asshole lives." Louis says as he crosses his arms and leans against the doorframe.

Andi looks out then shrugs. "Should have done what I told you to, sent him a check for his half and changed the locks." She snaps before disappearing back into the room.

"Well, that's a nice welcome home." Harry says.

"Like you deserve one." Louis snorts. "Not once did you answer any of my texts, pick up any of my calls. You know it would have been really nice if my best friend and business partner could have taken time out of his busy schedule, doing God knows what, and came to my wedding. But hey, that's okay we managed without you." Louis says.

"You're married?" Harry asks. "What the hell? Why didn't you say something?" Harry snaps.

"What the fuck did I just say. I tried, I call multiple times. Sent, I don't know how many texts, you never responded. Never called back." Louis yells.

Harry frowns, pulls his phone out of his pocket. When he brings up his text messages he sees two from Louis, but it shows they've been read. Pressing a few more buttons he brings up his deleted texts, an option he added to his phone when he caught a girl with his phone several years ago. When he finds several deleted texts from Louis there he gets pissed.
"Mary, yeah I'm home. No I'm not in fact I never want to see you again. I just called to let you know I found those texts you've been deleting, Lou is my business partner, he's a guy bitch. You just played yourself hun. Guess your free ride to state has already flown without you. Find some other chump to play your games." Harry snaps as he hangs up.

"Guess "the bitch" isn't the only one who just played themself." Anne says from the doorway, causing Harry to spin around. "Here I was thinking just maybe you really were just checking on your tattoo shops at home. But no, you leave a pregnant woman here to fend for herself while your off whoring around. You're not the son I raised, I don't know who you are." Anne snaps as she turns and walks back out.