chapter six

five days later

Surprisingly, me and Cole have become great friends. He's like my best friend now. And I haven't been going to school these last five days.

This morning I awoke to my annoying alarm clock.

I got dressed in black sweat pants, white polo shirt, and black Jordans.

I walked out of the room and told Cole and Cherie that I was going to school.

"You better get something to eat before you leave, young lady!" Cherie shouted.

"Okay Cherie," I yell back, and went to the kitchen table before grabbing an apple.

I ran outside the house and grabbed my car keys, and went to school. When I arrived at school, I saw girl acting weirder than usual.

Cam walked up to me, and said, "Hey Hailey. Where the hell have you been? You didn't come to school for five whole days and I was beginning to get worried about you."

"Oh, I'm sorry I worried you Cam. I didn't know anyone would know that I was absent," I reply, whispering the last part.

Just when I was about to turn around, I fall straight on my face with Hunter's feet right in front of me.

That stupid bastard tripped me.

I got off the floor and looked around to see everyone laughing at me.

Everyone but Cam.

He grabbed my hands and said, "Let's go to the nurse, don't let him get to you."

"I'm fine, Cam. Don't worry," I said.

"No you aren't," he replies, shaking his head. "Your nose is bleeding."

"Oh," was all I said, then he took me to the nurse's office. He had to go because the first bell had rung.

I was happy I was missing first period because I have that class with Hunter, and I definitely didn't want to see him.

Cam came into the nurse's office later after school. He said I should go to Hunter's party tomorrow night. After a few minutes of arguing I agreed to go. I mean, that party will be full of people, so he might not see me there at all.

To that stupid party every girl is fussing about.

Cam told me how two girls were fighting about which one of them was Hunter's mate.

I couldn't understand how someone would want to be mates with someone as horrible as Hunter. I mean, come on. Hunter? I didn't think I would ever want to spend my life with someone like Hunter.

I feel bad for whoever ends up spending their life with him, I thought; chuckling to myself.

When I arrived home, I told Cole how tomorrow I was being forced to go to a party, and how the only reason I was going was because the sweetest, cutest guy in school ask me to me. 

"What clothes do you have in mind?" He asked me.

"Anything I can find in my closet," I told him.

"Hell no!!" Cole yelled. "We are going shopping tomorrow morning 'asap', because not even my great grandma would go to a high school party with the clothes you got in your closet. Tomorrow the mall is calling our names, and we are going."

I was about to protest when Cole pushed me out of his room.

"I don't want to hear it. Tomorrow, the mall, that's it!"

"Okay," was all I could say.

I went to bed that night and once again I was greeted by my nightmares of the past.

Her nightmares.

My dad's head was bleeding and he wasn't moving. My mom saw that and screamed, grabbing her phone and calling the police. Her face was also bleeding, and I knew I was about to lose her.

I screamed, "Mom please don't die, please don't leave like daddy. You promised me you would never leave, and daddy's dead!"

"Mommy not you too, please...!!!" I continue.

"I'm sorry baby, I really am. The ambulance is on their way. Just know that whatever happens, your dad and I will be watching over you," she says.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Mom, get up, please...!!! Wake up! Everything is going to be okay. I need you, I need daddy. Both of you wake up now!!!!!!"

"Please..." I whisper, unsure about what to do. I was sitting in the back of the car with both my  parents dead. They weren't moving. OH MY...  did I kill my parents

"This is all my fault," I said.

I'll never forgive myself.

The only two people I love and care for are dead and it's all my fault.

The ambulance is here. I'm crying like crazy. I can't lose both of my parents in one day, I can't.

"Why me?!" I screamed.

______