Here We Go

The alarm beeping beside me has to stop. That shit is annoying. I reach over to grab my phone and shut my alarm off.

Colin texted me at 7:30 saying "good morning Carolina. I hope you enjoy the game."

I finally get to see him get in the zone in person. It's kinda cool watching him transform from the easy going Colin to the hardass quarterback.

"Good mornin' to you too Mr. Quarterback. Kick some ass out there today."

I put my phone on charge and go to my bathroom and get ready. After my shower I put on a black v-neck, gray sweats, and black Uggs. Can you say basic as hell. I grab my purse and phone and head to the living room. I have a little time to kill so I just sit on the couch and read Colin's text.

"Next time I better see you in the crowd sittin' with the fam lil' lady. If I don't see you with them you will have hell to pay." Lord Colin. I'm in here dying at this.

"Okay daddy I promise" I type. I have no chill right now.

"Daddy will beat that ass if you don't chill out. You can't be talkin' like that while I'm in a locker room full of guys."

This conversation is not weird at all. I text him a little more and soon I make my way to the stadium. I show the guard my pass and I find a parking spot. I make my way up to where I'm supposed to be to get ready.

As soon as I walk in I spot Mia. We hug like we hadn't seen each other in forever.

"Okay so we're gonna get started on your hair first, makeup, then you can get dressed. You are gonna look so gorgeous for him."

"I hope man! I want him to be in shock."

"Oh he will. Trust me. But he won't be mad. I know this girl. Just don't let it show that you're nervous. Be confident. Make that nigga want to just make love to you on the fifty so the world can see."

"Okay now! No way! You have zero chill."

"Just saying girl." Mia says.

I laugh and we head over to this guy to get my hair and makeup done. Two hours later and I'm all ready to head upstairs.

"Girl look at you!" Mia says from beside me.

"I look good. Dang. I hope Colin thinks so too."

"He will. Just hope he doesn't get a boner on national television. If he does I'm blaming you."

"If that happens I'm so done." We laugh and head up to the box. This is so nice. Mia and I talk to almost everyone in there. They are actually pretty cool. Mia and I sit on the couch in front of the window. Best seats ever. The Seahawks run out first and I'm already hype. From the other side the 49ers run out and I spot Colin. I kinda wish I was out in the stands. Everyone starts to cheer and root them on. I grab Mia's hand and point at my man. He's so sexy and those pants are just so mmph.

Soon the game starts and the Niners have the ball first. Football looks so damn painful. My head is just going back and forth waiting for something to happen. Colin fakes the ball and runs it in for a touchdown. That's my man. We all cheer for them and I do a little happy dance. We see him Kaepernicking and we all laugh. The game continues and soon it's the fourth quarter. The Niners are in the lead with the score 35-21 with 3 minutes left. 3 minutes are so slow in football. I feel like half of my life was wasted away watching a guy run two yard lines.

"It's time for you to head down sunshine!" Mia says.

"Oh shit it is..." I check my phone and I read the good luck texts from my family and friends. I do a once over in the mirror and I put on red lipstick and head down with one of the cameramen named Stephen. He hands me notecards with questions to ask Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, Michael Crabtree and of course Colin Kaepernick.

"You ready Miss Chandler?" Stephen asks as we make our way out of the tunnel.

I take a deep breath. "Yeah. I'm ready." I look up at the scoreboard and obviously the Niners won. I remembered that I can't show favoritism towards a team and to be honest it's kind of hard. I spot Colin across the field celebrating with his team. I can see him well enough to know he's elated.

Stephen walks me over to the Seahawks side and I take one last look at Colin. He's looking in the other direction so he doesn't see me.

I introduce myself to Richard and Russell. We laugh and joke around and then the camera is on us. I ask them what they thought of the game and how they will take that outcome and perform next time. These guys are actually easy to talk to. I thank them for their time and Stephen leads me across the field to the Niners side.

Joe Staley notices me and his eyes bulges out of his head. I smile at him and he turns to get Colin's attention. I quickly waved my hands to make him stop. This was too funny. He waves his arms around like I did and starts to dance trying to play it off. I try so hard not to laugh because I know if I did Colin will definitely notice.

Stephen calls over Michael Crabtree and we introduce ourselves.

The camera is still making it's way around the field so we have time to talk amongst ourselves. Still hoping Colin isn't looking. I turn my back to him just in case.

"You're Colin's girl?" he whispers.

"Yeah... He doesn't even know I'm a reporter. I'm just waitin' to get over there to see his face." I say excitedly.

"If only I had met you first..." he says all cooly.

I laugh at him. I knew he was just messing around.

"Seriously though. You're good for him. You're not just someone who's with him for the fame and money. I can tell you're a good person Miss Shanya. Or should I say Carolina."

"Oh my God! What does he be tellin' y'all?"

"That you're just an amazing girl and he wish he had met you sooner basically. And he's all mopey at practice until you text him back. He told me and Quan that he loves you. We weren't surprised."

"He loves me? He actually said it? Crabtree you better tell me!" I say all excited.

"Okay girl dang. Yeah he said he loves you. He's just waiting for the right time to say it. The look on his face when he talks about you is too funny cause he gets this lost in paradise ass look and I have never heard him talk about a girl that way."

"Awww that's so cute!" I squeal. Crabtree laughs at me. I shush him in case Colin hears. Stephen tells us the camera is coming and I start asking him questions and he answers. I like Crabtree. He's gonna be my new insider to spill secrets about Colin. I can tell me and him are gonna be cool.

"Thank you for your time Michael." I say.

"Later girl! Good luck!" he says walking away laughing.

I take a deep breath and ask Stephen how do I look. He gives a thumbs up and calls over Colin. They do that hand shake that all males seem to know.

"So our new reporter is just going to ask you a couple of questions about the game okay?" Stephen asks.

"Yeah man that's cool, lets go."

Well... Here we go.