We Meet Again

Alyssa and I were currently laying in my bed rethinking what happened. So it's my first day in the Bay, I got my dream job, and my apartment, and I just met my football crush.This has to be some kind of sick joke.

"Do not let him get to you Nya. You cannot do this. I don't give a crap how good he looks. You already know how he is. And I thought you were done with men for good after you know who."

"But he's so cute! I can't ignore him if I see him again. And it's not like it's gonna go anywhere. I just want to have a little fun."

"Lordy... Why do I even try to talk sense into sometimes cause I swear you don't ever listen" Alyssa says.

"You love me anyway though! But on another note my boss wants me to come to the office in a few. Do you wanna come?" I ask her.

"Yeah sure lets go." She tells me hopping off my bed. I follow her downstairs and we get ready to go.

We make it down to the studio with no incidents. It only took us about 15 minutes so it wouldn't be that bad driving too and from work. I pull into a space beside a sexy Jaguar that Alyssa and I drool over for like 5 seconds. We laugh and head inside.

"Hi! My name is Shanya Chandler and I'm here to see Mr. Carlson" I say to the receptionist.

"Hi it's nice to meet you Shanya. Everyone has been expecting you. It's so nice to see a fresh face around here." She says sweetly.

"Aw thank you ma'am, it feels good to be here." I say genuinely. She tells us to take the elevator up to the seventh floor and check in. I politely thank her and Alyssa and I make our way upstairs.

I introduce myself again and the lady tells me to wait because Mr. Carlson has someone in his office. Alyssa texts her boyfriend while I check Twitter.

We get stares from other people walking by and I get nervous as hell. Maybe I should have dressed up a little. Presentation is everything.

We wait about ten minutes and then I hear two male voices coming down the hall. I look up to see Mr. Carlson and Colin freakin' Kaepernick. Again. He meets my eyes and flashes me a sexy smile with a wink. I blush and smile back.

"So Mr. Kaepernick this is the new girl I was telling you about, Shanya Chandler. All the way from North Carolina. I think she's gonna be a great addition!" says Mr. Carlson.

"Oh Miss Shanya and I actually met earlier. I know she will be amazing." Colin says. Mr. Carlson does that man pat on the back and comes over to talk to me.

"Hello ladies, I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I will be back in a few short minutes" he says as he excuses himself.

"So you're all the way from Carolina huh?" Colin asks.

"Yes I am." I say laying on my accent a little.

I see his brown eyes darken for a moment and he clears his throat. "I told you I'll see you again but you ain't wanna believe me. You're in my town now Carolina. So it was just bound to happen." he said obviously.

"You're right Mr. Kaepernick, forgive me for not believing you?" I say laying my southern accent on him thick.

"You and that accent. It's too adorable." he whines. Alyssa laughs hard at this and introduces herself to him.

"It's nice to meet you Alyssa. Please tell Carolina to stop torturing me with the accent." he laughs.

We continue with our playful banter until Mr. Carlson gets back.

"I see you all get along great! This will be such an amazing deal with the two of you!"

"What you mean?!" I ask.

"There's the Shanya I met back in May!" says Mr. Carlson.

"We'll discuss this more in my office. When you're done talking to Colin just come on back." he says walking away.

"Well lil' lady it was nice seeing you again. I know we'll be seeing a lot of each other after a few weeks. So here's my number if you wanna talk or something." I take the slip of paper and thank him. He tells Alyssa and I goodbye and turns to leave.

"Colin wait." I say. I walk towards him and hug him. He automatically wraps his arms around me and it feels so right. I'm so thirsty for him and I don't even care right now.

"See you later lil lady. Call me tonight ok?"

I nod my head and walk with Alyssa to Mr. Carlson's office.

I haven't even been here 24 hours and I already got myself into something.