The Devil Himself

Hair, check.

Makeup, check.

Eyebrows, on fleek.

Outfit, check.

I check my purse to make sure I had everything and I am out the door. I am so ready to get this over with so I can go home.

The ride to the stadium was quick and I feel nervous all of a sudden.

I find my way upstairs into the clubhouse and get ready for my interview. The camera woman helps me with my mic and fixes my hair. I sit in my chair scrolling through my iPad going over questions waiting for him to show up. Late as usual.

I start getting impatient and my phone buzzes and Colin's name appears. I refuse to read it because I'm not trying to get in a bad mood before we start to tape. I really don't hide my emotions well so I'll be frowning on camera. Can't have that.

Fifteen minutes later here comes the devil himself. Brown skin, brown eyes, crooked smile, big muscles... Why does he still have to be sexy? His looks is what got me messed up in the first place.

"Now who would've thought little Miss Shanya would've actually made it to ESPN?" That voice still deep and country though.

"Oh Trayson whatever. I just need this interview real fast and then you can go." I say flipping my hair.

I'm calm because I'm in public...

But I'm not calm because I know what he's capable of. The sooner I can get this done the better and I can get as far away from him as possible.

I have to keep reminding myself that I'm here to do my job, not make friends with this dude. Just stay calm and cordial

I feel like a crazy person because I'm sitting in a room with my abusive ex boyfriend.

No pressure though.

"Feisty ass." He says rolling his eyes and sitting down.

The woman behind the camera counts us down and we begin to film.

I put on my fake smile and happy voice. "Hello today viewers! So right now I'm interviewing Trayson Scott, short stop for the Miami Marlins. It's nice to see you today Trayson, how are you?"

"I'm doing just fine today Miss Chandler". I see that glint in his eyes. Dear God, please don't let me fuck up this interview behind this clown today, Amen.

"So Trayson, this is a big year for you. You recently signed a six year deal with the Marlins and you also won the Home Run Derby." I can't even lie, he is good at what he does.

We continue with the interview until our time is up. I'm so glad he didn't ruin this. I talk to the camera lady because Tray wanted me to wait for him to change. I feel like this is a bad idea. He wanted to take me out to dinner, and I gave in after he begged me for ten minutes.
I'm so dumb. Why did I get in a vehicle with this dude? He's already mentally unstable.

Maybe he's changed.

Doubt it.

Why did I put myself in this situation?

Two years later and he still has control over me because my dumb ass just couldn't say "hell no I ain't going out to dinner with you."

Gosh I need to grow a back bone.

This car ride was awkward and I started to shake a little. I shouldn't have agreed to this.