Part thirty one:

I know. The fears that we don't face become our limits. As of right now, we don't have time for both fear and limits, we don't have time for obstacles, the only way around them is to get rid of them.

Isabelle's face was ridden with that very fear, Alec sat on the ground a puzzled expression plastered on his face. There was an odd silence with in the cave despite the nerving sound of Simon repeating continuous strides.

"Simon, stop pacing you're not helping... I can't even think..." Alec raised his eyes towards Simon whilst gently rubbing the back of his neck. Simon then stopped pacing and sat besides Alec, his head resting upon his folded arms.

"Honestly, we don't have the time to sit here and ponder on our thoughts, we've got to keep moving unless we have any ide-..." I suddenly stopped mid sentence. Isabelle, Alec and Simon all staring at me as I stood on the outside of the circle they had unwillingly made.

"Magnus... what is it?" Isabelle stood up and walked to my side, I had an idea.
"Isabelle give me your bag..." I motioned for the bag that was hung on her back, Isabelle didn't think twice. She swung the bag off of her shoulder and and handed it to me, I immediately began to rummage through the bag I till I found what I was looking for. I pulled it out of the rucksack and revealed it to them. There was a silence...

"You can't be serious?!?!" Simon jumped from where he was sat and inspected what was placed in my hand, a pen knife, rather large for its average size it was sharp enough for what it was needed for.
"It's the only way. The only way we can move on and get rid of them and destroy them."
"I agree..."
"So do I ..."
Both Isabelle and Alec became the definition of agitation, but they knew what needed to happen.

"Omg I can't watch, you're going to cut them out?!?!??" Simon began to start pacing again, making the situation even more nerve racking.
"I have a steady hand, my.... my mother taught me how to cut and sew... it'll be fine." Alec stood up beside me his hand resting assuringly on my back, then he spoke:
"It's okay... I trust you..." as he looked down at the pen knife.

"I'll go first" Alec continued as he stood on his knees at an ideal height for me to get the chip out. I placed two fingers on the back of his neck until I felt the small lump of the chip placed directly in the centre of his neck, how could I never of noticed this before? The times I pulled him in for a kiss the times I would pull him into an embrace? But yet again, I was took destructed to notice .....

The knife was steady in my hand, the other placed firmly where the chips was placed.
"Are you ready?" I said softly.
"Let's just get it over and done with."

I placed the knife at the top of the small lump and pressed it into Alec's skin, scarlet blood started to ripple out in small but think droplets as I carried the knife further down the back of him neck. Simon had faced away from the process, Isabelle sat in front of Alec providing support. Alec's face was wrinkles into a grimace of pain, he was being so strong yet he was so weak... he almost took a step back from life to try and enter a better place to cope. He was doing immensely well.

I then again pressed snugly against the cut to try and stop the free flowing surge of sticky blood, the cut had been made, now I had to dig out the chip. I continued to press the knife deep into the he wound trying ever so gently to pull out the chip. I could see the beads of sweat drip down the back of Alec's neck.
"Are you alright, Alexander I don't want you to get any weaker..."
"Magnus please.... just do it I'm fine." Again was the sigh of Alec lying, but he was right I had to continue.

I couldn't waste any more time, so I'm a swift movement I pulled the chip out of his neck, a small head shape top followed by at least 15cm of what seemed like a tail consisting of a red blue and yellow wire. I threw the chip on the floor and asked for Isabelle to pass me the first aid kit she had in her bag. Inside contained a needle and wire.

"Alexander, I'm afraid this is going to hurt most..." I placed the threaded needle into Alec's access skin sewing the cut I had made together. I could see Alec bitting his lip, the pain almost unbearable. I hated seeing him in pain, it almost took me back to when I saw him... in the storage units.... crying and whaling in agony. Yet this time I caused it.

Once I was done, Alec sat back down next to Isabelle on the floor, as she aided him with a bottle of water.
"I guess it's my turn?... " Isabelle's face was red yet pale and her eyes swollen from tears.

Yet again I had to repeat the process of cutting open their skin, bring another pain and remove a chip.

How can something so small have so much power?

However, when I was removing her chip She screamed...