Part thirty:

Time takes its own time. Isabelle is completely paralysed of her physical state but her mind is racing upon her darkest thoughts. Alec was still rested against my shoulder, edging for us to move forward but unable to let the words fall of if his quivering lips.

"Isabelle we have to move, if they find this place then we can't waste time that well practically be given them if we continue to wait here like sitting ducks." Isabelle took in what I had just said, so she slowly turned around with a sunken face and her eyes masked by the internal process of conflict with in her.

"Okay..." Isabelle's voice had become weak and croaky by the fight to hold back tears. As we turned around a stretch of stairs descended down into the swelling, murky gloom of the tunnels. Our feet dimly lit by yellow tinted lights at the foot of each step, each one was uneven, some ankle high and other a couple inches below the knee, to which Alec was struggling to gather his feet in a steady pace.

I stopped on a larger step, Alec looking at me dazed. "Alec let me carry you, because no offence my dear, it will be a lot quicker." I gave him a gentle smile, almost in a humorous way.
"Magnus.... I'm fine." He sighed, the exact way he did when he was lying.
"No you're not." I decided to sweep him up anyway, carrying him down each step carefully but at a steady pace, faster than before. Alec chuckled and his cheeks went a light shade of pink. There was always something I found amusing by embarrassing him...

After little time we had reached the bottom of the stairs where we found Simon waiting. A mangled path unrolled from the foot of the stairs and into an eternal darkness awaiting ahead. The curved walls crumbled from life and eroded the warmth from which once echoed through the tunnels. I turned to Isabelle and placed Alexander back down onto his own two feet, his cheeks still rosy.

Isabelle had taken her bag off of her back and reached in side of it to pull out two torches as well as the map. " we have to keep walking until we come to two turnings either left or right, we have to take the left turning." Isabelle peered from the map to the distance about five or six times before we got moving.
We were walking for about 10 minutes until I spotted in my tracks, I was going over everything Kieran said when we were back in the hideout room... "They have to be here, it was what the chips said."

What did he mean by chips?

"Isabelle. Alec. Did Kieran ever mention chips  to you before? He said he knew we were here because of the chips..." I stuttered in need of an answer.

"Magnus I have no idea what he mean..." Isabelle trudged forward, the map still tightly gripped with in her petite hands.
I refuse to believe that there's nothing wrong here, so I took it into my own hands.
"Isabelle have you ever had a pain in a certain area for a long time anything like that?"
Isabelle continued walking forward.
"Why does it matter?"
"Isabelle just answer me."
"Some neck pains I guess...... wait..."
Isabelle spun round on the back of her heels.
And Alec instantaneously looked up.

"I get neck pains too..." Alec replied, pure fear and anxiety plastered on his face.

We all stopped and stared between each other not saying a word but knowing what everyone was thinking.