[26]

Leo's P.O.V.

" We're just friends."

I regretted saying that the minute the words came out of my mouth. I'd told Amy earlier that I liked her as more than a friend. And I'd just gone and denied that.

I looked over at Amy, to see that she was staring down at her food, not saying a single word. I felt really bad.

For the rest of the time we were in McDonald's, Amy never said anything. She didn't speak the whole car ride home either. We were staying at Blair's house tonight, as he had invited us all over. Even the girls.

As soon as we got home, I grabbed Amy's hand and dragged her outside, into the back garden.

" Amy, you know what I said earlier, about us just being friends?" I asked her.

" Yeah."

" I wanted to say, that, I really really like you. More than a friend should. And I kind of wanted to know, if you'd like to maybe hang out, with me, like, er, as like my girlfriend?"

" Sure." She giggled.

" Wow. I didn't think you'd say yes." I admitted.

" Why?"

" Because I've been a dick to you recently, so I thought you might like be annoyed at me still."

" Leo, I can never stay mad at you for that long." Amy laughed.

All of a sudden, we were kissing. It was just the two of us, in the garden under the stars.

It was perfect.