Chapter 19

I woke up to a blinding light in my face. Looking around the room, I saw my father and Brea sitting down near the window and D leaning against the far wall closer to the door.  I tried sitting up and Brea looked my way and ran towards me helping me up.

“Chill out sweetie okay” She told me helping me up. I nodded my head and continued to sit up. I wasn’t in pain, my back just hurt a little.

“I’m cool Brea” I said Sitting up and looking over at my father then D who was staring dead in my face.

“You good?” My father asked in disbelief. “You good” He chuckled “You not good. You my daughter and you over here shooting niggas, almost got raped and turned out tonight and you talkin about ‘you good’, I should fuck yo dumbass up!” He screamed and everyone in the room was quiet. Before I could say anything, Brea jumped in it.

“You need to watch how the fuck you talkin to he-“

“SHUT THE FUCK UP BREALYN NOBODY WAS TALKIN TO YOU” My father snapped. Oh boy.

“Nigga don’t tell me to shut the fuck up. Nigga if I wasn’t for me, yo ass probably would be dead right now, shit yo daughter probably would’ve been raped. You sitting here yelling at her but you did not a damn thing to prevent this shit. You let her have her own place since she was what, 15? You allow her to drive, invite whoever whenever to the house you brought her, shit, when I was her age and I had all this I probably wouldn’t be a virgin, you lucky she’s a good fucking girl. You sitting here calling her stupid when the dumb one is you. Not once did you ever ask her to stay in OUR home and stay with US. You always made her go to that fuckin house by her damn self. Didn’t get no niggas to watch over her or nothing. If It wasn’t for me, her ass probably wouldn’t have shot ol dude and Regina, naw her ass probably would be in a basement locked up and you getting a phone call that you got a day until her ass is dead. You standing her talkin bullshit when this girl deadass fought  her whole damn life.” Brea shook her head and my father still had that scowl on his face. “Its crazy that when she snapped on you about not really being in her life, I deadass saw where she was coming from. No money in the world can make up for your absence. It’s crazy Steven” Brea used my fathers name. This shit is serious. “I’m deadass starting to see you in a whole new light and if this shit don’t change I think we gonna have to end this for the sake of this child growing inside of me” When she said that I swear my mood changed and so did my father’s.

“We gonna talk about this later” He said walking up to hug her then looking at me. “Jasmine, im sorry you feel the way you do about me but in all honesty, I was just worried somebody was gonna try to harm you. Do you know how bad it would hurt me hearing my child had been killed or kidnapped because of my actions? You wouldn’t understand until you have kids and you’re trying everything in your power to protect them. If you thought I was trying to control your life then im sorry. Im just trying to make sure youre safe. Ill admit, I overreacted when I heard you and D’marion was dating. He not a bad dude but I don’t want you with someone like me. Your mother…your real mother had me and she couldn’t handle it. She thought I left because of you but in all honesty, she always thought I was out cheating when I was working. Brea is the only women I have ever trusted and could honestly say has ever been there with me without an accusation casue she knows where im coming from. You may think you ready for this world and you have been around this but you haven’t. I never wanted you around this shit. Im a criminal and I never wanted you in my bullshit. I didn’t want you with D cause i don’t want you in his bullshit either. Trust, once I fall back and D take over, it’s not gonna be what it is now. Right now you all stuck on him but when he’s out all the time, not coming home until 4 in the morning and leaving before you wake up, you gonna have grey hairs at the age of 20. I’m tryna protect you and I know it seems like I’m not but I have a way I do things, whether you like or not, I feel like everything I’ve done for you is justified for your safety” I took in my father’s words and nodded.

“And I thank you for that daddy but, I just wish, I don’t know, I wish I could’ve had a better childhood. One I can grow up and tell my kids about” I said with a sigh. Damn, I really had a fucked up 17 years of life.

“You will sweetie, now you’re father and I have to go home, we have things to discuss but I’m happy you feeling better” I nodded and hugged Brea before she left.

“Thanks Brea” I said and hugged my father. Once they left it was just D and i. We had nothing to say to each other for a good minute.

“Jay, I’m sorry” Was the first words that came out of his mouth. I rolled my eyes. I have been hearing sorry too much lately.

“D-“

“No let me speak” He said cutting me off. “You’re father knew about me potentially having a son but never once did I tell him the child was mine. I told him that I took a test and that there was a possibility the child was mine. Shit, the girl was a hoe so of course I had to get the boy tested. Come to find out, it was mine. I know you may not want to hear this but the day before I asked you to be my girl, I had found out. I kept this from you for a while because I didn’t want you to break things off with me. Plus, I didn’t know what to do with the little boy since his mother’s mom is now taking care of him. You were my escape from the real world. You may not think this but I deadass love you and I want to work this out. Without you, I aint shit, deadass. I want to be with you and I swear I won’t ever leave you or hurt you. You gotta understand too though, I gotta work to eat. You may have everything but I had nothing. No momma, no daddy, in and out of foster homes. At 15 I start slangin with yo pops. He taught me everything now look at me. I’m about to be 21, got damn near a million dollars and counting, own my own house, car and I’m about to go to college. Being with you made my thug ass want to go to college but that don’t mean imma stop what I do” He sighed. “Hopefully we can work our relationship out but if not we can be friends” I nodded my head.

“Who ever said I broke up with you?” I asked and he started cheesin. He came to hug me but I stopped him.  “Forreal though D, I want to be with you but we need to set some things straight. We need to have a hundred percent trust in our relationship to let this shit work. If we don’t have trust then what do you expect me to do when people come out the blue telling me shit like you got a kid? It deadass hurts that you kept something like that from me. We need to tell each other everything so no one can ruin our relationship cause at the end of the day I’m not tryna look stupid and have everyone laughing at or about me behind my back. I don’t care if you sell or have a son, imma be there for you for whatever”  He smiled and ran up to hug me.

“I promise imma be a hundred with everything I say and do” I kissed his plump lips and smiled.  Hopefully he heard me and actually listened.