Chapter 12

“Turn up!” I yelled entering Skylar and Curran house. Today was the day of her baby shower and to say she has gotten bigger would be an understatement. She came down with a cute grey summer dress with her grey and pink wedges and her long hair was wet and curly.

“Stop all that screaming girl!” She chuckled as she came down the steps. I hugged her and kissed her forehead.

“Sorry, I had to. I can’t wait for yall to see the place” Curran and Skylar had no idea what the sex of the baby was. I had asked the doctor with their consent so I could throw their shower. Since I was godmother, I knew it had to top everyone else’s shower.  “Where is Curran?” I asked and speak of the devil he will appear.

“I’m right here ma” HE said coming down with a grey Hollister V-neck, jean Levi shorts, and his grey and lime green Nike’s.

“Aiight, let’s go yall!” I squealed but before I could walk out the door, D’marion was right there. I rolled my eyes as he grabbed me into a hug and kissed my lips. Damn those lips bruh.

“Hey baby” He said holding me and coming into the house.

“Hey-“

“OOooh, when did THIS happen?” Skylar asked and I shrugged.

“Don’t worry about it, come on before were late” I walked out the door and into my car. I was waiting on Skylar to hurry up. Finally, she came out and got into my car as D and Curran got into D’s car.

“You have some explaining to do” Skylar said after putting her seatbelt on and I put the car in reverse. I sighed and began to tell her the story.

“Oh my gosh!” she squealed once we pulled up to our old childhood park that I had gotten decorated for her baby shower. Signs that read “IT’S A BOY” and blue and green decorations covered the wide area. Since I didn’t know how to grill, I had got her Uncle Roscoe to do it and he sure knows how to throw down on the grill. Everyone was here….besides her mother. She got out of the car and I followed in pursuit only to be pulled back by strong arms.

“You’re amazing, you know that?” D asked whispering in my ear. I chuckled and playfully rolled my eyes.

“Riiight, come on let’s go over and say hi to everyone” I walked over to a group of people and introduced them to D and asked them about life. Soon the Cupid shuffle came on and like always, the older women pulled Skylar and I from our seats on the bench and onto the open space we used as the dance area. I swear these old heads were getting it! I had pulled D up and he refused to get up. Curran had no choice, Skylar’s nana had grabbed him and he tried to decline but she said, and I quote

“Boy, you better get yo tail up and dance with an old woman” I laughed and he immediately got up. D just kept staring at me as I danced. I was feeling some type of way since I was in this romper exposing my thick thighs and my titties looked bigger in this outfit. Finally the song ended and Skylar and Curran kissed. Of course there was a chorus of “ooh’s”and “awe’s”. I went to D and asked if he was hungry. He shook his head no and I walked over to the grill to get some BBQ chicken.

“Hey Uncle Roscoe, what’s done on the grill?” I asked looking over his shoulder.

“Well I have yo favorite BBQ Chicken, had to save it cause Norma greedy ass was tryna steal it” Uncle Roscoe said out loud and his sister Aunt Norma looked his way.

“I heard that Ros!” She said moving her neck in all different directions.

“I know you heard me with those big ass ears!” He yelled “And stop moving yo neck like that, lookin like the exorcist lord Jesus, I knew the devil wore Prada…well in her case nada!” Yo Uncle Roscoe had me rolling.