Chapter 32

Prom is tomorrow and of course, nobody is telling me anything. After D dropped me off from the hospital, I haven’t heard from anyone. My father hadn’t called like he promised and im stuck taking cabs to and from the school. To make shit worse, Marquan said he can’t get here until tomorrow. I can’t deal.

“Girl you aiight?” Sky asked as we sat in the nail salon after school. We decided to get a majority of the things done today cause tomorrow all we need is our hair done and were straight.

“Yeah, just hoping Marquan can make it on time tomorrow” She nodded her head.

“Please, Im just hopping Curran momma can watch the baby. IF not, no after prom for me” I pouted.

“I hope she can” The nail stylist finished the last finger and charged me. I paid her the money and waited for Skylar. When she finally got out, we went to my father’s condo and just relaxed, watching movies like the old days.

“Damn, imma miss you when we go off to college” Sky whined eating her apple.

“I know right…but don’t worry you my sis that’s why we’re always gonna hit each other up and hang out…no matter how far apart we are” Sky cried and hugged me as I laughed at her dramatic ass. “Why are you crying?”

“I don’t know, since I had the baby, I’ve been so emotional” I shook my head and released her from the hug. Sky wiped her tears and laughed.

“It’s okay girl, now let’s get some sleep so were energized for school and Prom!” I stood up and went into the master bedroom. She went to the room across the hall and said goodnight. 

“Wake upppp JAYYYYYY!!!!” Sky screamed in my ear and I hoped up, reaching for my new gun Louie. “Woah, Jay chill it’s just me” She said as I looked around confused for a target. I shook my head and put the gun down and she took it from me.  “The thing is empty anyway” She said showing me the clip. I shrugged and went back into my bed. “No no no, you need to get up, it’s prom day, we only got school for an hour then we can go” I groaned.

“fine, let me take a shower” I told her and she skipped out.

“You got 45 minutes” She sang outside the door. I rolled my eyes and hopped into the shower. After a half hour, I decided to wear my black addidas pants and my white t-shirt with black leather sleeves. I put on my black and white concords and put my hair into a messy bun. I put some Amber romance perfume on and left my room after grabbing my bag with my phone and keys.

“Finally, I said 45 minutes, not an hour” I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever, now let’s go” I told her opening the front door. She walked ahead of me humming some song. I locked up my father’s condo and we went right to school. My Homeroom and First period classes had each senior talk about how much they can’t wait for Prom tonight. I was excited, I couldn’t wait to see everyone all dressed up, but I was low key nervous. Tonight will be the night I give up my virginity…to Marquan of course. We talked about sex a couple of times and I knew he wouldn’t do me dirty like any other dudes.

“Jasmine” I looked over at this dread head boy who was looking at me.

“Oh, yeah?”

“Be careful tonight” I looked at him confused but forced a smile.

“Thanks I guess” He nodded his head and left.

“Who was that?” Sky asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I have no idea” I wondered to myself who this boy was. What if he was the guy trying to kill me a couple of days ago? What was he going to do to me? I swear, as soon as I think things are going perfectly fine, shit like this happens.