Chapter 27

“When a rich nigga want you, and yo nigga can’t do nothing for you, ooh these hoes aint loyal” I sang driving to the mall to meet Marquan since he was visiting his peoples.  Pulling up to Woodbridge mall, I text him and he told me he was in the True Religion store. I walked around, finally finding the store and sneaking up on him. I covered his eyes.

“Guess who” I smirked and her turned smirking at me. Damn sexy chocolate.

“Hey Jay, what’s up?” He asked hugging me.

“Nothin, what you up to?” I asked looking at the clothes he had laying on the table.

“Shit, im tryna take this shit…you  think I could get away with it?” He asked and I looked around the store. Not one worker around shaking my damn head.

“Yeah….especially with all these customers in here” He grabbed the stuff and put it in the all black shopping bag. He grabbed a hat and slipped it into some woman bag. We waited for her to walk out and followed right behind her. She looked shocked and walked back to the register as we walked out. I laughed as we walked far enough from the store.

“I can’t believe you did that”

“Well I mean, a nigga gotta do what he gotta do” I shook my head and walked with him to other store watched him steal these clothes easily. “You hungry?” He asked and I nodded my head. We walked into the Applebee’s and ordered our food. “So, tell me about your family” He said and I sighed.

“I hate my mother and I like my father….although he’s hella overprotective of me, I know whatever he’s saying is only in his best judgment” He nodded.

“And what does your father do?” I looked at him skeptically.

“He’s an entrepreneur/investor….own a couple of Barbershops, salons, restaurants and invest in stock here and there” Marquan nodded his head and moved on to another topic. I wondered why he was so concerned about my father.