Chapter 35

It’s finally my graduation day and I can honestly say I’m happy for once. I haven’t really spoke to anyone since the incident in the hospital. The only person I talk to is Sky but with her son, school, and work we barely have time for each other so im by myself pretty much.

“Urgh, why doesn’t this fit?” I asked myself as I looked through the mirror trying to squeeze on my graduation dress. After one last failed attempt, I sat right on the bed and sighed. “This can’t be happening” I rubbed my face in frustration and took the dress off. I walked into the bathroom and stared at the scale Sky left over here a while ago. After having a mini argument with myself, I finally decided to step on the scale and when I looked down my heart dropped. I gained 15 pounds. “Great” I said getting off of the scale and going to my closet to find something else to wear.

After finding my peach and tan romper, I put on my crème pumps and looked myself in the mirror. Although my outfit was old, I still liked how it complemented my frame. My make-up was plain with a nice peach lip gloss, and my hair was in loose curls. I put my gold necklace on and my MK watch and took a picture of myself with my graduation cap. When I was done, I grabbed all of my things and headed to my car right to the High school to finally graduate and leave this place for good. Looking around my house, It made my heart break a little. When I moved back into my house and changed all the locks and now, all of my belongings were packed and gone with the exception of some of my clothes. I sighed and shut the door, making sure I locked up just in case.

When I pulled up to the school, I looked at myself in the rearview mirror.

“This is it Jay, your finally done” I told myself. I thought about everything I been through and of course it made me sad I hadn’t talked to the people that has supported me but there’s so much a person could go through until they say enough is enough. I forced a smile on my face and got out of my car. I had no time to reminisce on the past, it’s time for me to move on to the future.

……..

 “Congratulations to the class of 2014!” The principle announced and we all were shouting, happy we finally graduated. I was so happy for once. I saw Sky and hugged her and said hi to other people. I saw my father but he said absolutely nothing to me.

“Were g=finally adults” Sky said squealing and Curran and I laughed at her.

“Word, I’m happy im finally leaving” sky frowned.

“When are you leaving?”

“Saturday night” I told her and she looked upset.

“That’s in two days…why didn’t you tell me?”

“You have your family to worry about. I don’t want anyone after you or Curran because of my father and his bullshit” Sky shook her head.

“Bae, why don’t we go clubbing tonight. My mom said she’ll be happy to watch the baby” Skylar looked over at Curran and smiled.

“Okay, Jay come out with us, It would be fun” I shook my head at sky.

“Naw, you enjoy your time with your man, ill be good”   

“No, you’re coming with me, it wasn’t a question so be ready by 8” I shook my head at Sky as she hugged me once again and left the school.  When I finally got home, I showered and got dressed. I decided to put on my black high waist jeans, white swoop neck shirt that I tucked into my jeans, and my black and white heels. I decided to straighten the curls out of my hair and I put on my gold hoops and the jewelry from earlier. As soon as I grabbed my black clutch, I heard Curran beeping outside of my house. I quickly locked up and went to the car where Skylar ass was already turnt up.

“Yesss bitch, you did that!” Sky screamed and I smiled and did a little turn.

“Well, you know how I do” We laughed and as soon as I got into the car, Curran sped off. We got to club paradise in no time. As soon as we got there, we sat in VIP and sky left me there just to dance with Curran. I was just chillin. I snuck in my bottle of grey goose and was chillin as I watched people dancing on each other. Once I was feeling nice, I got up and started to throw my shit back.

“Now we about to slow it down”  The DJ shout over the mic. I quickly made my way back to VIP and stopped in my tracks when I saw D’marion and some girl all over each other. I felt my heart shatter into pieces but after a while of me just standing there, I decided to sit in my seat and drink the rest of this bottle.

“Hey Jay, long time no see” I looked over to my left and saw Roger. I gave him a small smile and continued to drink.

“Hey Roger, you finally done being mad at me?”

“Why you gotta be like that?” I shrugged my shoulders and looked back at D who still hadn’t noticed I was here. “Oh, you and ol’ boy done huh?” I nodded my head and looked back at Roger.

“Why you care anyway?” He put his hands up in a surrendering motion.

“Sorry I pushed on a touchy subject” I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever” I looked back to where D and his hoe was but they weren’t there so I relaxed.

“You wanna dance?” Roger asked and I looked at him and shrugged.

“Sure, let’s go” I grabbed his hand and we were out there doing the damn thing. I was so lost in dancing with him and drunk that I hadn’t noticed the fight that broke out but I did hear the shooting. AS I rushed out of the club with everyone else I looked around frantically for Skylar and Curran but didn’t see them. I walked up the block fast and as I stepped onto the street, I saw headlights and that was the last thing I saw before I passed out.