Chapter 39

39)

Next month*

I'm back in school, it's already the middle of March, Austin is coming home today and I'm so excited. I'm leaving school early and I'm gunna surprise Austin, Austin's mom is picking me up from school around 11ish and we are going to get him from the airport.

I sit in math class biting my pen, staring at the clock. It's only 10:42 and this class ends at 11:19, every time I look at the clock another minute passes.

"Nicole, did you finish your test?" my math teacher asks.

"Uh, yeah about 3 more problems." I lie, I look back at my test and I have about 10 more problems to do. I quickly do 2 of them, I finish up my test. "Here you go." I hand it to my teacher, I'm kinda scared to see my grades cause I kinda rushed.

"Can you bring this to the office for me?" he asks, handing me some papers. I nod and take the papers out of his hand. I walk out of the classroom, I slowly walk by the English room and see Becca and Aliya. I wave to them and then walk down the staircase and walk down another hallway, as I walk into the lobby of my school I see Austin's mom walk into her. I smile at her and wave to her.

I walk into the office and hand them the papers, "these are from Mr. Walker."

"Can I have Nicole Grace for dismissal?" Michele asks.

"Um did she bring a note in? Cause if not I can't let you do that.." she replies.

"Oh it's um right here.." I hand it to her, I had to do it myself cause you know..

"Alright you can take her." she tells Michele, I smile and run upstairs to my locker. 29, 47, 19, click! My locker opened. I put on Austin's sweatshirt on and grab my bag, I put the straps on my shoulders and happily walk down the hallway.

"Let's go!" Michele says, I smile and follow her outside. I sit in the passengers seat and buckle up, Michele starts the car and drives away.

"So when is your moms funeral?" she asks.

I sigh thinking about her, "Im pretty sure this Saturday."

"Oh." she says focusing on the road.

"I miss her." I sigh.

"I know how you feel." she puts her hand on my shoulder. "Alright, let's talk about something happy." she chuckles. "So how are you and Austin?" she asks.

"Pretty good actually, other than our fight." I say.

"Why did you guys fight?" should I tell her?

"I don't really wanna talk about it." I say.

"That's okay." she says. "How are you doing in school?" she asks.

"Pretty good actually, I have good grades." I say.

"Any fights?" she asks.

"Just 1, with Austin's ex. I hate her, she's really mean and she was making fun of my mom." I glare.

"Wow!" she says shaking her head. "That's not very nice."

"I know." I say.

"He did tell her about that girl, but to me he didn't seem that interested in her. I mean ya he did like her, but when he talks about you he's so happy. He smiles whenever I mention you, Nicole I hope you know you make him so happy. Austin has never liked a girl as much as he likes you." she smiles putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I really like him too, I hope we are together for a long time." I say.

"Oh honey I know you guys will be." she chuckles, and I can't help but to smile. Austin makes me happy, and I'm proud to be his.