not a chapter but I need your feedback!

Basically, I just posted this in my one shot book but ik that that doens't have as big a readership as WIOS does, so all I am going to post it again here, because i really need some feedback on this one shot.

ALSO! THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WIOS, AT ALL, IT IS A COMPLETELY SEPERATE ONE SHOT THAT I NEED FEEDBACK ON.

Ok, so basically, I have an English controlled assessment coming up in two days that I have not planned for AT ALL, so, as a kind of practice, I wrote this.

My assignment was to write a short story based off of the poem Poppies by Jane Weir. What my English teacher wants me to do is write about a mother sending her child off to war, and this is my attempt at "Narry-fying" that, I hope you like it and that you commmentttttttt :)) haha

“Harry! Come on babe, it’s time to leave!” Niall shouts up the stairs, tears filling his eyes as he thinks of what is to come.

“Coming Ni!” Harry tumbles down the stairs, straightening his formal blazer, yellow stitches woven onto the grey material.

Harry stands before Niall, reaching up to disrupt the tears that fall as he cries. Niall catches Harry’s wrist in his hand, the cold silver band on his fourth finger emblazoned on Harry’s warm skin.

“Don’t cry.” Harry pleads, blinking back his own tears because he has to stay strong, because if he doesn’t, Niall will surely break.

“Ok, Ok, Ok.” Niall sniffs loudly, forcing a smile as he turns away from his husband, regretfully taking the spasm red paper of a poppy into his hands.

With a deep breath in, he turns on his heel and pins the flower to the lapel of his darling’s blazer, reaching up to brush imaginary dust from his shoulders as he closes his eyes and feels Harry’s broad stature under his palms for what could be the last time.

“Harry, don’t” Niall insists as Harry scoops down and bundles Dusty in his arms, the cat purring contentedly as Harry nuzzles his nose into her fur.

Niall sighs as he leaves his husband by the door, standing on his tip toes to take the roll of sellotape from the top cupboard.

He can hear the boy cooing as he loops the tape around his hand, biting off the end with his teeth and retreating back to where Harry is standing, minus their black and white cat.

“I asked you not to.” Niall sighs as he palms over Harry’s clothes, removing the white cat hairs as they glue themselves to the tape wrapped around his fingers, before reaching up to Harry’s shirt collar and smoothing it down over the striped tie.

“I had to say goodbye.” Harry excuses, not realising the affect it has on his husband until his presence is no longer there.

Harry can hear the clanging of pots in the kitchen and he follows after Niall, sighing as he sees him washing the utensils from their romantic dinner last night.

“Niall.” Harry breathes, wrapping his arm around his sweetheart from behind and tucking his nose into the crook of the blonde’s neck.

Harry feels as Niall grips the sink with his hands, muscles tightening as his knuckles turn white.

He turns in his spouse’s arms and even with soapy hands, his fingers cannot evade the blackthorns of Harry’s hair, reminiscent of the curls once in their place.

Niall’s eyes slip closed as Harry’s nose knocks against his own, nudging his head to the side so he can press his lips against Niall’s.

“Stay with me.” Niall whispers one last time, smiling as his husband’s chuckles sound through the small kitchen area.