Chapter 42 - Normality

I was sitting with my friends at lunch – Stiles, Scott, Isaac, Lydia and (not so much a friend) Allison. The twins were on the table over with Danny and a few other jocks. I hadn’t spoken to them, but Lydia had and apparently they were leaving school, but they were staying in town.

“Can you feel it?” asked Stiles. I knew exactly what he was talking about. So did Scott and Allison.

“You mean the black circle around my heart? Yeah, just a tad.” I replied. Scott kicked me under the table. “Ow.” I kicked him back.

“Ow.” He said. We both glared at each other… and then smiled.

“Do you think it will ever go away?” Allison asked.

“No, Deaton said it was permanent, but we would learn to live with it.” Scott answered.

I had told them everything about Derek leaving and my dad. Stiles of course already knew and was getting very excited and kept calling me Roomie.

“Okay, Roomie, we have math.” Stiles said getting up.

“If you keep calling me Roomie, I’m going start calling you my gay best friend.” I heard Isaac chuckle at my comment.

“Fine.” He said. I gave him a sideways glance, not sure if he was actually giving in or not. “I’ll see you guys after class.” Stiles said to everyone else, picked up his bag, chucked it over his shoulder, looked at me and before running away said, “Come on, Roomie.”

I ran after him and with my super werewolf speed I caught up and jumped on his back. “There’s a price for everything. Yours is a piggyback.”

“Lucky you’re tiny and weigh like half of what I do.” He said and kept walking.

We were the first ones to get to class and to take up our seats. Isaac was next and sat on my other side. I still hadn’t spoken to him about the hospital and he doesn’t even know I could hear him so I don’t think I was going to bring it up. I still wasn’t sure how I felt about it and I was scared to think it through in case I found an answer that would complicate things. I was with Derek. I loved Derek. I just hoped that Isaac would be happy… preferably not with Allison… but I wasn’t going to tell him who he can and cannot date. As he sat down I smiled at him and he smiled back.

For once everything seemed normal and human.

I wonder how long things were going to stay like this?