Chapter 2 - Am I Seeing Double

“Oh no.” I breathed.

“What? He’s probably just gone back to the apartment.” Derek said.

“No he hasn’t. He’s gone to look for Boyd and Erica. I told him not to go on his own. Damn it.” I said as I grabbed my car keys off the bench.

“Hey, he’ll probably be fine. We’ve been looking for months and haven’t come across anything. Why should tonight be any different?” Derek asked me as he grabbed my hand before I could walk out the door.

“Derek, come on. It’s us. When do we ever catch a break?”         

Derek sighed in defeat. “Okay, but first go and get changed into pants and a t-shirt and tell your dad that you’re going to bed. I’m trying to get on his good side, remember?”

After following my orders from Derek and jumping in the car we went off to look for Isaac. I tried his phone at least 10 times, but never got an answer. After going through the usual routine that I do with Isaac, Derek and I never found anything.

“Maybe he’s with Scott and Stiles.” Derek said as we were walking back to the car from an old abandoned building.

“No, I spoke to Scott earlier today and he’s getting a tattoo. I don’t think Isaac would go with them for that.”

“I’m sure he’s fine.”

“You would be more convincing Derek if you believed what you were saying.”

“Come on. You have to get ready for school in 3 hours. I’ll keep looking tomorrow.” Derek said whilst ushering me into the car.

When I got back to my house I realized that I’d have to climb back through my window due to the fact that my dad was still awake watching TV.

“How am I meant to get up there?” I whispered to Derek. I had jumped through Scott’s window before on the second story of his house, but my window was a little higher.

“Jump up and grab the ledge.” He said as if it was nothing. I looked at him with a blank expression then as if on cue Derek jumped up, grabbed the ledge, swang his feet up and landed in my room.

“Show off.” I muttered to myself, but obviously he heard me. I mustered all my strength and jumped as high as I could. My hands just managed to latch onto the ledge. I swung my legs over, although it wasn’t as graceful as Derek’s performance. I felt two strong hands help me through until finally I was steadily grounded. “Well that was fun, however, remind me not to do it again.”

Derek smirked down at me and kissed my cheek before saying, “You need to get some sleep.”

“The chances of that happening tonight are slim and if I got to sleep I would probably wake up from a nightmare within ten minutes.” I said, thinking about Isaac.

“Well, I guess that’s what I’m here for.” Derek said. He grabbed my hand and led me to the bed. Once we reached it he flipped the covers back and slid in, after taking off his shoes and a few other items of clothing, leaving enough room for me to lye next to him. Once I was in the bed I fell asleep almost immediately on Derek’s chest. I woke up what felt like five minutes later. Derek was gone, but he’d left a note;

I didn’t want to be here for your Dad’s regular morning check-ups, but I will keep you posted about Isaac through the day. Please don’t skip school. – Derek.

He had to have known his chances of me not skipping school to look for Isaac were slim to none, but I liked that he tried.

“Anna, sweetie, you up?” My dad asked after knocking on my door and coming in.

“Yeah, Dad.” I said as I quickly shoved Derek’s note under the covers before he could see. “Just about to get ready.”

“Okay, well it should be usual working hours for me today so I’ll see you at six, if you’re home by then of course.” He said, hinting that I had been staying out late a lot and that he would rather I be home.

“Ummm, yeah, I’ll let you know.” If we didn’t find Isaac today there was no way I was staying in tonight.

Dad just rolled his eyes, “Okay, I’m off, love you.”

“Love you too.” I said before he closed my door and left for the station. I got changed into jeans, black boots without a heel and a black t-shirt. It seemed like a safe bet. I didn’t want to be running around looking for Isaac in heels and a dress. After applying make-up I was on my way to school.

Walking up the steps to the main entrance of the high school I noticed that there were two flash looking black motorbikes parked next to Scott’s new (but old) motorbike that he now used instead of his push-bike. They were matching and definitely weren’t here last year. “Nice.” I whispered to myself before walking through the doors.

“He has the triskellion tattooed on his back, so there has to be a way to do it without healing.”

“Yeah, but doesn’t he have his hands a little full?” I heard Scott and Stiles talking and ran up to them.

“So the tattoo didn’t work, huh?” I asked Scott.

“No, healed as soon as we were in the car.”

“Well I could ask Derek if you like?”

“Great, great, that’s just great.” Stiles said with sarcasm.

“Stiles, enough, we’re dating, get over it.”

“Can’t you date someone a little less… Derekish.” He said while shrugging his shoulders.

“Sorry buddy, but next time I’ll let you pick someone. You can even have interviews.” I joked. “Now come on, we have to get to class… and you guys haven’t seen or heard from Isaac in the last 12 hours have you?”

“Nope, why?” Scott asked.

“It’s nothing, I just haven’t seen him that’s all.” I said. Derek and I had agreed to keep Scott and Stiles out of things as much as possible and I didn’t see the reason to bring them into this – at least not yet. “Umm, I’m just going to go to my locker and put some books away, I’ll see you guys in English.” I ran off down the hallway and put my unwanted textbooks in my locker before turning around and heading to class. Unfortunately I didn’t get far before running straight into a very hard chest, causing me to drop my English book and my bag.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you.” I blurted out, slightly embarrassed.

“No, it was my fault, here.” The guy said, bending down and handing me my book and bag.

“Thank-you.” I said once he was standing up right again, but there was something different about him, something strange, but I couldn’t tell what it was. “I’m Anna, by the way.”

“I’m Aiden.” He replied and I smiled at him, but then was distracted by another guy standing over by a locker. He looked exactly like Aiden. “And that’s my twin, Ethan.” He explained noticing were my gaze was.

“Oh really? I couldn’t tell.” I said with a small laugh.

Aiden laughed and then said, “Well I should get to first period, but it was great meeting you Anna. I’ll see you around?”

“Yeah sure, bye.” I said and then walked to class. It was only just as I sat down that figured out why Aiden seemed different. I mentally kicked myself for not noticing sooner. I should have recognized the scent of an Alpha.