Chapter 13 - Human Sacrifices

“These are ultrasonic admitters.” Chris said as he shoved a silver piece of metal in the ground with a button on the top. “It’ll push them in the direction we want them to run” He said as he hit the button on the top, causing a loud pitch screeching noise. We all covered our ears, it felt like my ear drums were about to burst, “It gives off a high pitch frequency that only they can here.”

“No kidding.” Isaac said.

Chris turned it off and then grabbed some more out of the back of his car, “These will drive them into the school, but then it’s up to you to get them into the basement.” Chris handed us all two or three admitters. We then took off placing them in a path that lead straight to the school. I was apparently the first person to arrive, followed by Isaac. Scott and Derek were around somewhere, but not near us at this stage.

“Have you seen the others?” I asked him.

“No, but I can hear them.”

“What about Boyd and Cora?”

“N…” Isaac stopped. A faint growling sound came from behind us, “Oh, great.” He said as we slowly turned around and let our bodies shift. Not completely though, just eyes and claws. I wasn’t a fan of growing facial hair, so I tried to avoid it.

There was a bright light and the sound of a car horn honking… Chris. They were still outside so he was trying to drive them in. It worked too. Boyd and Cora took off into the school… at least they did until they saw Derek and decided to jump onto the roof… What can I say? I have an intimidating boyfriend.

“They aren’t going in the school, they’re going over it.” Scott said, stating the obvious. “Someone has to drive them inside.” Scott said.

“I’ll go.” Chris said.

“No.” Isaac said.

“We’re faster.” I finished for him as we took off to where they were going… the bus stop.

After I few seconds there was a noise. “Do you hear that?” Isaac asked me.

“Yeah, it sounds like… arrows. Come on.” Once we reached the busses we just saw Cora and Boyd running into the school. Isaac thought fast and quickly locked the door behind them. We both looked up to see Allison standing on top of the bus with her compound bow. “You have got to be kidding me.” I whispered as she ran off.

“Easy, she helped.”

“Fine, but I still don’t like her. Come on. We should go back around to the front… they’ll probably need help.”

Isaac and I walked around to the front of school and walked through the doors… closing them behind us of course. It was silent. That had to be a good sign. Right?

“It must have worked.” Isaac said. As we got closer to the boiler room we could just make out Scott and Derek talking.

“Close the door behind me and keep it shut.” It was Derek. Isaac and I looked at each with equal amount of confusion.

“If you go in there, you either kill them or they kill you.” Scott replied.

“That’s why I’m going in alone. Listen to me… do not let Anna come in after me.” Derek said before there was the sound of a heavy door opening and closing.

I wasted no time as a sprinted to the top of the staircase that led to the boiler room and down the stairs. “What the hell is he doing?” I yelled at Scott.

“We didn’t know, but someone was down here and we locked them in with Boyd and Cora.” Scott explained quickly. I went to open the door, but was pulled back, “You can’t.”

“Let go of me!” I tried squirming, but Scott was stronger than me. “Derek!” I yelled. Finally I managed to get out of Scott’s grip and I went for the door again, but yet again was pulled back… by Isaac this time, “Are you kidding me! Isaac, let me go!”

“Wait look,” Isaac pointed to a bit of light coming from the top of the stairs, “The sun’s coming up.” Realising it was now safe to let me go Isaac did and I immediately opened the door and ran down the stairs in the boiler room to the basement. Derek was bloody and on his hands and knees with an unconscious Boyd and Cora lying either side of him.

I didn’t waste any time before I ran and knelt down beside him. He had cuts all over him and was completely out of breath and exhausted. “There’s a teacher. I’ll take care of her. Get them out of here.” He said as he nodded towards Cora and Boyd. Isaac and Scott went to grab one each, but I didn’t move.

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“I’m fine. I’m healing. Help them.” I still didn’t move, “I’m fine, I promise.” Derek said as he went to get up. Surprisingly he actually didn’t look that bad anymore, it was just the blood on his extremely ripped shirt.

“Alight,” I said hesitantly, “Just… move slowly.” I walked over and help Scott with Boyd as Isaac could easily carry Cora.

We had just reached the car when Stiles rang me. “Stiles? What’s up?”

“C-can you and Scott c-come to the hospital?”

“Are you okay? You sound shaken.” Scott and Isaac both looked at me in confusion.

“They found Heather… she’s dead.” He stumbled on the last words.

“Oh god, we’ll be there in about fifteen minutes. Are you okay?” I asked for the second time.

“Yeah, just come. There’s something you guys should see… I don’t think Boyd or Cora killed that guy at the pool. Heather was killed the same way and there’s another girl missing.”

“Okay, we’re on our way now. See you soon.” I said as I hung up. “Scott we have to go.”

“Yeah, I heard.”

“Tell Derek that Stiles doesn’t think that they killed anyone.” I yelled at Isaac as Scott and I started heading for the hospital. Considering we only had Derek’s car we had to run.

Fifteenish minutes later we were at the morgue with Stiles, looking at two dead bodies – Heather and the guy from the pool.

“The other girl who was out in the woods… Emily… eventually they’re gunna find her.” Stiles’ voice was monotone and I could just see his eyes watering. “Emily, Heather, the guy Lydia found – all three were virgins. And they’re all gunna have the same three injuries. Strangled, throat slashed, head bashed in. It’s called the three fold death.”

“So, if these aren’t random killings then what are they?” Scott asked.

“Sacrifices. Human sacrifices.”