Chapter 12 - Plan B... Argent

I’m not sure how long we’d been trying to track Cora, but approximately 15 minutes after we’d left the bank Scott rang Derek.

“You lost him?” Derek said in a voice that was not all that pleased.

“Yeah I kinda had to.” I heard Scott reply.

“Wasn’t exactly the plan.”

“I know. Which is why I think we should stick together. He’s way too strong, too fast and waaaaay to angry for one person to handle. We need to do this together.” Scott said.

“We’re at the trail at the entrance to the preserve. Meet us here.” Derek said before hanging up.

“We really have to work on your goodbyes.” I said, but wasn’t really expecting an answer so I just continued talking, “Should we get Peter and Isaac out here or something? If we’re going to need at least three people per homicidal out of control werewolf then we’re currently at a disadvantage.”

“No Isaac’s still too weak, he’ll get himself killed and if you think you can convince Peter then go for it.”

“You know some day I’d like to make it through at least one month without supernatural complications.”

I heard a light chuckle from Derek, “You and me both.” He said as he kissed me quickly on the cheek and then wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me while we were waiting for Scott.

“Are you two ready or would you like me to give you a minute?” I heard Scott’s voice coming from our right.

Derek didn’t bother with a reply other then, “Lets go,” and then started running off indicating for us to follow.

Once we were deep in the woods Derek stopped. “What is it?” I asked.

“We aren’t the only ones starting to stick together.” He replied then I realized that both Cora and Boyd’s tracks had come together.

“Is that going to make it easier or harder to catch them?” Scott asked.

“I don’t know.”

“Derek, I saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart. Are they gunna try and do that to anyone they find?”

“Anyone and everyone.” Derek answered Scott’s question and then walked over to me. “Maybe you should ring Isaac.” I didn’t like the thought of him being out here in his state, but we didn’t really have much of a choice.

“Alright.” I rang his phone and didn’t have to wait long for a reply.

“Hey, what’s going on?”

“They got out and we could really use some help out here if you’re up for it.”

“I’m on my way.”

“We’re in the preserve… be careful.” I quickly added on the end.

“Yes mum.” Isaac said before hanging up. We continued following the tracks for a while longer until we could hear a noise in the distance that could only be described as two werewolves fighting. Isaac and Cora, damn that boy was fast.

“Come on.” Scott yelled and ran out in front of us.

When we reached them Isaac was lying on the ground with Cora about to lash out, but before she could Scott jumped over Isaac and kicked her back. She stood up and realized she was surrounded. Four against one. She took off into the bushes in an escape attempt. Derek, Isaac, Scott and I all took off after her. Cora was faster than us though and managed to pull in front. We had to stop when Stiles rang Scott. Lydia had found a dead body at the local public pool. I had no idea how she found it, but she did.