Chapter 18 - Falling

“The schemers are scheming.” Peter explained to Scott when he walked in on our little gathering around a table at Derek’s. Scott had only just arrived, but Derek, Peter, Cora, Boyd and I had been there for about half an hour.

“You’re going after them?” Scott asked.

“Tomorrow. You’re gunna help us.” Derek said.

“So, kill them first? That’s the plan?”

“They won’t even see it coming.” Boyd said from beside Scott.

“Just once can someone come up with a plan that doesn’t involve killing everyone?” Scott urged.

“You never get tired of being so blandly moral, do you? Not that I disagree with him.” Peter said the last bit to Derek.

“I do. Why do we need this kid?” Cora asked.

“This kid helped save your life. We can’t just sit back and let them make the first move.” Derek said.

“You can’t beat a pack of alphas.” Scott tried to reason.

“That’s why we’re going after Deucalion.” Cora said.

“Cut off the head of a snake and the body dies.” Boyd said.

“Only it’s more like a Hydra.” Peter smiled at me like he was proud. Reading mythology books pays off when you live in a world of the supernatural.

“Yes, and do you know what happened when Hercules cut off one of the head of the Hydra?”

“Two more grew back in its place.” I said simply.

***

Scott left not overly fond of our plan, but it was a working progress. I had spoken to Scott at school today and he’d spoken to his mum who had agreed that Isaac could stay at their place for as long as he needed. So he went to Scott’s after school to settle in which I was thankful for. Derek’s logic was horrible, but it also made sense, in which case I didn’t want Isaac involved in this and Scott had promised to keep him out of it as much as possible. I knew it wouldn’t be easy, Isaac often caught on fast.

After Scott left we continued planning how we were going to sneak up on the alphas in their own home which was the penthouse directly above the Argent’s new flat. The plan was to attack them there and catch them off guard. Preferably when Deucalion was alone or as alone as possible. Or at least that was the plan until I got a text from Isaac.

Scott doesn’t want Derek to know so please don’t tell him, but I thought I should tell you. We’re meeting Deucalion alone to talk. –Isaac.

So much for keeping him out of it, nice Scotty.

I hated myself for doing it. I really did, but if Deucalion was alone we may not have another chance. Isaac thought I was at home and he also thought I was still mad at Derek (I kind of was, I hadn’t really spoken to him, but I understood his reasoning more) which is why he was probably telling me this.

Where are you meeting him? So I know where you guys are in case something happens. I’ll be texting you to make sure you’re okay every 10 minutes. –Anna

Hating. My. Self.

Some abandoned shopping centre. –Isaac

I knew exactly where that was.

Be careful –Anna

Really. Hating. Myself. “Scott and Isaac are meeting Deucalion alone at the abandoned shopping centre near the school to talk.” I blurted out to the group.