Chapter 38 - Crash

“You can’t!” I practically yelled.

“Yeah, man, you can’t go back with them.” Stiles agreed.

“We need the alphas to take down Jennifer.” Scott argued.

“He trusts you more than anyone, tell him he’s wrong.” Allison said to Deaton.

“I’m not so sure he is. Circumstances like this mean that you may have to align yourselves with people you would usually consider your enemies.” Deaton said, I was not impressed with his ‘wisdom’.

“So, we’re just going to trust them? They guy who calls himself death, destroyer of worlds. We’re gunna trust that guy?” Isaac said what I was thinking.

“No, but you could use it to your advantage. Deucalion may be the enemy, but he could also be the bait.” Deaton said.

We heard the door open and close and we all looked to see Ethan standing in the door way. “I’m looking for Lydia.” He said.

“What do you want?” Lydia asked.

“I need your help… with stopping my brother and Kali… from killing Derek.” He finished.

Oh no. I completely forgot. I was so distracted with finding my dad I forgot that Kali was going after Derek this full moon.

“Peter, when you said Derek was passed out… is he still?” I whispered to Peter who was standing next to me.

“Probably not, but he’s certainly drained his battery to the red.”

“And he has two fully charged alphas going after him.” I finished. Peter nodded.

“Looks like you’re going to have to choose. Help save Derek. Or find your father.” Peter said.

When Peter finished talking reality set in. My heart pounded and my breath deepened.

How could I choose?

My heart kept pounding until I felt a panic attack coming on, but it wasn’t a panic attack. It was a transformation. My eyes glowed and my claws grew.

“Whoa, whoa, Anna, calm down.” Isaac yelled.

I was looking down at the ground when Stiles’ face popped into view. “Maybe hold your breath? Need help?”

I did what I had done the past two times I lost control. I dug my nails into my palm and a turned back from the pain with a smile on my face thanks to Stiles.

“Don’t even think about it, Stilinski.” I muttered once I was back to normal and he returned the smile.

“She doesn’t have to choose.” Ethan said. “I only need Lydia. I just need to stop my brother. She won’t kill us, she can’t, not if we change. We just need to buy Derek some time to get out. He won’t need to fight.”

I looked at Peter. “I’ll go. You find your father.” With that he walked out with Lydia and Ethan.

I felt Scott put an arm around my waist and I rested my head on his shoulder. It was all I could do not to cry.

“Okay, we need to hurry.” Deaton said, suddenly. “Scott, Isaac and Allison you need to go to each house and find an item of clothing you can use to track a scent. Stiles and Anna, see if you can find anything in the woods where you saw the Nemeton.”

“Isn’t what we saw exactly where it is?” I asked.

“No. You all saw it in different places. It only gave you the general area which is why you may need their scent.” Deaton explained. “You need to go, now.” He said and we all took off.

Stiles and I drove off in his Jeep. A huge storm was coming and I could feel the power of the full moon. It was the night of the lunar eclipse. We would soon lose our abilities. I couldn’t help but wonder though… Jennifer wasn’t a werewolf. She got her power from the Nemeton not the moon. The lunar eclipse was no longer going to work in our favour. We needed the alphas now. I just hoped Derek could get out of town in time.

“Stiles, you can barely see five meters in front of the car, slow down.” I said. It was dark and foggy. The headlights bounced off the fog and made it harder to see as we drove through the storm.

“We can’t!” he was getting more anxious every minute. And more worried. A tree branch hit the front windscreen and as it flew around the car, Stiles followed it, taking his eyes off the road.

“Stiles!” I yelled, but it was too late. We hit the tree and I heard a crack as my head slammed into the side window.