Chapter 32 - Derek Hale

Derek POV

“Derek!” I heard Jennifer yell. I hadn’t spoken to her since she kissed me. I had gone to the school to check on Anna, but I ran into her. I broke it off, but she didn’t seem to notice and I didn’t get the chance to say anything before she ran back off to one of her classes. And now Scott and Stiles have told me that she’s the Durach, she kidnapped the sheriff and Anna’s father, and put Anna into some kind of coma. And apparently Anna saw the kiss… but not me pushing her away. If she didn’t have information we needed I would have ripped her throat out. The fact that I had to leave Cora at the hospital and come to the loft without even seeing Anna was killing me. I needed to see her. To see how bad it was. Why she wasn’t waking up. If it had healed at all. “Derek!” Jennifer yelled again. I took a deep breath to control my rage. “Derek, where are you?”

“Right here.” I said in a flat voice, coming into view. The first time I saw her I thought she was just an innocent victim thrown into the middle of the supernatural world and I felt like it was my fault she got wrapped up in it. That’s why I had helped her. Now all I saw was a demon. One that had killed a dozen innocent people and was about to kill three more. One that had tried to kill the girl I love and may yet succeed. It took all my will power not to shift. To remain calm. To not strangle her.

“Oh, thank god!” she said, relieved and ran up and hugged me. Was she completely delusional? “Something happened. At the recital. At the school. I need to tell you before you hear it. Before you hear any of it from them.” She said as she pulled back, but kept my hand in hers. I wanted to crush it. “Scott and Stiles, they are going to tell you things. Things you can’t believe. You have to trust me. Trust me. Please? Promise me you’ll trust me.” She kept repeating it. I nodded, unable to form the words. She smiled and then kissed me. All I had to do was reach up and snap her neck… but I couldn’t. We needed her. I could pretend like I didn’t know anything. I could nod at her asking me to trust her. But I couldn’t kiss back.

And she noticed.

“They’re already here aren’t they?” she asked as Stiles and Scott walked around the corner. “So? They told you it was me? That I’m the one taking people?”

“We told him you’re the one killing people.” Scott corrected.

“Oh, that’s right. Sacrificing people. Cutting their throats. I probably do it on my lunch break so I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense.” She said sarcastically. I wanted to wipe that smile off her face.

“Where’s my dad?” Stiles said in a small voice, a tear running down his face.

“And David Fields.” I added.

She spun back around to me, “How should I know? Derek, you can’t believe this.”

“Ask her why she almost killed Lydia.” Scott said.

“Lydia Martin? I don’t know anything about that.”

“What do you know?” I asked, not at all amused.

“That these boys, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story and one they can’t prove.”

“What if we can prove it?” Scott said holding up a jar of powdered mistletoe, opening it and throwing the powder at Jennifer.

The cream coloured powder surrounded her as she lashed out. I saw a flash of a horribly scared face that looked nothing like her, but then again, that was her true face. The one she wore now was some kind of spell. She tried to run, but I grabbed her around the throat. “Derek, wait, wait! You need me! I’m the only one that can save your sister.”

“What about Anna?” Stiles asked.

“What are you talking about, she’s fine.” She said, in a strained voice.

“She hasn’t woken up since you slammed her into the ground.” Stiles said.

“I swear I don’t know anything about that. She should have healed by now, but if she isn’t I can save her to, but I swear she should have woken up.” I didn’t like that answer. “Cora has mistletoe in her system, Anna doesn’t.” I tightened my grip and lifted her off the ground. “Their lives, they’re in my hands.” She said, gasping for breath.

“Stop. Derek, stop!” Stiles yelled.

“You’ll never find them.” She said, referring to Stilinski and Fields. I tightened my grip and lifted her higher before dropping her and letting her fall to the ground.

She stood up. “You need me. All of you.”

First ever Derek POV. First POV other than Anna actually, so what do you think? :) it was an important scene so i couldn't leave it out :)