Ch. 17 ~ First Day

Mona POV

I quickly took a shower in my guest bathroom because I knew Ian was a complete distraction. I dressed and did my hair and makeup.

"Damn you look sexy," he said.

"Thank you," I said putting on my dress pumps. I was wearing a black skirt suit with a red blouse and had decided to pin my hair up.

"I looked at the calendar on my phone and we have a meeting with your father in less than an hour. It's in conference room two on the third floor."

"Ok, I will see you there," he said learning over giving me a kiss. I wiped the lipstick off his lips and left him the key to lock up.

I was both nervous and excited knowing that my new boyfriend was handsome, sexy and deviant at the same time, but on the other hand I hoped everything would go off without a hitch.

I pulled up to my parking space and got out. I noticed that Ian's parking spot was two cars down from mine. I smiled realizing that it was official.

"Good Morning, Ms. Harris," Haven said handing me a cup of coffee.

"Good morning Haven."

"You have several messages and I put them on your desk along with your meeting itinerary for the week."

"Thank you. Have a seat Haven."

I could see fear on her face. She walked in behind me and I closed the door. I took a sip of my coffee and walked to my desk.

"I have only been here a short time and I've noticed a few things about you," I said looking at her.

Her face was still with no expression.

"You have been here five years, correct."

"Yes ma'am."

"Do you not have a degree in accounting and a master's degree in public safety?"

"Yes."

"Then tell me why in the hell are you just a secretary?"

"Because... this was the only job I was able to get. You should know how hard it is to climb the ladder and get recognized for your accomplishments. I moved here to take care of my mother and so I took the first thing that was offered."

"Well this is not good enough for me or for you. As you know we have a new boss starting today and I want you on my team. You are definitely overqualified to be a secretary."

"Are you serious Ms. Harris?" she asked in disbelief.

"As a heartattack. You remind me of myself, although I have never been a secretary. I see a lot of potential in you and I think working on my team will prepare you for the next level. I need you to come to the operational meeting today at two and ask Wendy or Traci to sit at the front desk."

"Thank you so much Ms. Harris. You have no idea what this means to me."

"All I ask is that you perform to the best of your abilities and not make me look bad. You can go now."

I saw her smiling and wiping a tear away. She was a good worker and I never saw her by the water cooler or in the break room gossiping. Her charts and graphs with predictions were outstanding and I hoped she would continue to impress me.

It was almost nine and I grabbed my pad and headed to the executive meeting. It was a meeting with all of Durand's top executives, directors and supervisors.

When I walked in I saw Ian huddled in the corner with Macy Conners, the Director of Human Resources and Helen Grant the Supervisor of Plant Materials. Those fake ass hussies were batting their old Botox eyes and touching him on the arm, laughing at something he said.