47. News

"I've got to tell you something."

•••

2 years later

Veronica's POV;

I just walked out of the gym when I heard the front door opening. Shawn walked in and looked completely tired, stressed, and in a rush. I raised my eyebrow in question but he didn't even notice me.

He ran quickly up the stairs, he had been gone since four in the morning. He said he had morning meetings, I don't have to go to work till like 1 in the afternoon. It is currently 8 in the morning.

I followed him upstairs and went to our room. He was in the closet looking for new clothes to wear I assumed. He walked out and that's when he noticed me. He smiled and walked over to me but I backed up since I was all sweaty.

"No I'm sweaty." I tell him which makes him stop.

He just smiled wider and shrugged his shoulders, "Eh I don't care."

He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up. He then connected our lips as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He still held me after we disconnected our lips.

"Good morning." He told me.

I laughed, "Good morning."

He then put me down and checked his watch.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled, "Always. Just a couple things I gotta do I'm literally running around everywhere today."

I sighed, "Well don't be too stressed okay?"

"Okay." He told me before kissed my forehead.

"I'm going to take a shower." I tell him as I walked to the closet.

I could hear him moving around the room, "Great I'll join you."

I stepped out of the closet, "Shawn. You said you're busy and you're already stressing about time."

He looked at me and shrugged, "I always have time for you, plus it'll save water."

I rolled my eyes, "No Shawn as tempting as it sounds I don't want you to be stressed."

"Fine I'll shower in the other restroom." He groaned as he walked out of the room.

I grabbed my clothes and hopped into the shower. I took a quick shower and dressed in something comfortable. I wore my black leggings and a gray sweater with my gray moccasins. I loved winter.

I went downstairs and looked around for Shawn but he must've left already. I seen a note on the counter in his messy scribbled handwriting. I picked it up and read what he had wrote.

Sorry I never get to say goodbye but hopefully I'll be back before you head to work. Love you V
- S.

I shook my head and looked for something to eat. I wanted something sweet to eat. I ended up making myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with milk. I grabbed my phone off the counter and went upstairs with my food.