9. Not That Bright

"He uses the dumb ones but needs a smart one to go through with the deal."

•••

Veronica.

I woke up because of my alarm, I don't really know why I set it. I shut it off and rolled over to see the sun up. The light was peaking through causing a section of sun light to go across my room.

I sighed before getting up and walking to my bathroom. I grabbed my toothbrush and brushed my teeth. After I was done I fixed my hair a little and then used the bathroom. Once I was done I washed my hands and slipped on my slippers.

I thought if I should really go down looking like this. All I was wearing was a tshirt that ended mid thigh. I wore underwear obviously but wasn't wearing a bra. I mean those things are really uncomfortable to sleep in.

I shrugged the thoughts, I don't really care how I look. I could look like I just rolled out of bed, a rats nest and all and still would go down. So I grabbed my phone and went out of my room closing the door behind me.

I walked down the stairs and luckily there wasn't clothes from his...guest. I walked to the kitchen and was hit with a smell of breakfast. It smelled so heavenly.

I walked into the kitchen and seen Layla cooking breakfast. Man I wonder how early she gets here to cook. When I walked in she seen me and smiled.

"Good morning Veronica." She said happily as she placed some food on a plate.

I moved over and sat on a bar seat by the island, "Good morning, wow this smells and looks so good."

She laughed, "I take it last night went...okay?"

She placed a plate full of food in front of me. How did she know we went out the other day? Maybe she showed up and we weren't here? She must've taken my long pause as confusion.

"I seen you two on tv for the award show." She laughed.

Oh right, "Um it was decent."

Just then we heard someone come through the door. We both turned and seen a girl. She was a red head with really bad bed hair. Her clothes were sloppily put on, and she was bear foot. Her makeup was all messed up.

"Oh I was looking for the front door." She said, she really looked confused.

I bit my lip from laughing, where on earth did he find her?

"You passed it, its the big door with huge windows by it back by the living room. Can't miss it." I say and she just nods.

She then walked out and then Layla let out a laugh, "Can't miss it? She walked passed it getting here."

I almost choked on my pancakes by what Layla said. It was true, I'm not really sure how you pass the front door to get to the kitchen just to ask where the front door was.

"I mean I guess he has to get them somewhat dumb. Can't afford to get the word out you know?" I tell her after I took a drink of my orange juice.

She rolled her eyes, "Its such a stupid idea. I mean why is he out sleeping around knowing full well he has to make up a fake relationship?"