20. My Family

"I don't think you realize what you're about to walk into."

•••

Veronica.

I woke up Sunday morning absolutely dreading the day already. It was the Fourth of July. The day Shawn meets my crazy family and they will most likely torment him.

I laid in my bed for a little just not feeling like getting up. I then heard my phone go off showing I got a text. I looked towards my side table and grabbed my phone off the charger.

I realized it was already nine almost ten ugh I have to get up. I looked to see who was texting me and it happened to be my dad.

Dad:
Morning kiddo, can't wait to meet that boyfriend of yours. Don't forget to come to the ranch today.

I sighed before putting my phone back on the side table. I got up and out of bed, I walked out of my room to make sure Shawn was awake. I went over to his room and knocked on the door.

His door quickly opened and he looked like he didn't get any sleep. He looked stressed and nervous.

"Wow you look like shit." I say and he just rolled his eyes.

He walked back into his room but left the door open for me to walk in. I remember being in here when we almost had sex. But it was only for a few seconds. I took this time to fully look around.

I actually read what the plaques were for and what some of the fan art said. Some were amazing drawings of him and other had words. It was cute, under that hard rude ego of his he was a softy for his fans.

But I already knew he'd do pretty much anything for his fans. His bed was neat and his floor was clean from all clothes. Not your typical boy room where it's normally a pig sty. He was actually clean.

He walked out from his walk in closet and looked stressed, "I have no clue of what to wear."

"Just wear something casual, nothing too fancy." I tell him as I sit on his bed.

He ran his fingers through his hair, "Okay but what kind of casual?" He asked.

I laughed cause I thought he was joking but he looked at me seriously. I shook my head and walked past him and into his closet. I looked at his closet and he was pretty plain when it came to style.

I grabbed a white tshirt, a blue and black flannel, and some light jeans. I handed them to him and patted his arm.

"Causal, you know for someone who's always been so cocky. You sure look like a scared little boy." I tell him.

I was about to walk away but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him. My breath got caught in my throat and I felt tingling start from my wrist where he was touching down to my arm.

"I'm not scared, just a little nervous. But not scared." He whispered.

I just smiled, "What ever you say Mendes."

I then walked out of his room and back to mine. I locked the door behind me and went to my bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes and hopped into the shower. I washed my hair and body before shaving and hopping out.