42. First Date

"I understand more than you know."

•••

Veronica.

While Shawn was out attending whatever he needed to, I cleaned up the house a little since he hadn't scheduled for cleaners. Not that we really need them I mean we don't use all the rooms. Then I headed to his workout room and ran a few miles on the treadmill.

After I washed up and decided to get ready. I must've stood in the closet staring for hours at what to wear. He said something comfortable, but what kind of comfort? Like lazy day wear? Or like casual comfortable?

I then heard my phone ding, notifying me I had a text. I walked over to where it was and a smiled formed on my face when I seen who it was.

Mendes💋:
I just got out of my last meeting, heading back now.

I unlocked my phone and went to reply to him.

Me:
Okay but I still don't know what to wear. What kind of comfortable do I need to be?

I bit my lip as I see the three dots come up indicating he was typing.

Mendes💋:
Like something comfy and casual I guess.

I rolled my eyes as I read the 'I guess' part.

Me:
Okay see you soon xx

Mendes💋:
Okay bye xx

I laughed at how he mimicked me and put the two x's. I don't know what I'm going to do with him. But I put my phone down and decided to finally get ready.

I decided on wearing some light pre-ripped jeans and a white tank top. I was going to wear my black leather jacket over it and my all black converse.

I got dressed and then straightened out my hair before doing my makeup. I was in the middle of doing my eyeshadow when I heard a knock on my door. I looked over and seen Shawn leaning against the doorway with a smirk on his face.

"Hey you." He said breaking the silence.

I laughed before going back to my makeup, "Hi."

"Wow no kiss? No 'I missed you'? No nothing?" He asked pretending to sound heartbroken.

I rolled my eyes, "Then I'd be lying if I said I missed you." I joked.

"Wow Ace in hurt, truly I am." He said trying to be serious but ended up failing because he smiled.

"Mmhmm." I hummed before I seen him through the vanity mirror standing behind me.

He just stood and looked at me as I did the rest of my makeup. I then felt his wrap his arms around my waist as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"I really did miss you Ace, these business things are better when you're around." He told me.

I laughed before putting my lipstick on, "I'm sure you did. Hey shouldn't you be getting ready?" I asked.