16. Concert

"It must feel unreal being up there and hearing them sing back your song lyrics."

•••

Veronica.

I woke up with a pounding headache, now I know I didn't drink much but I guess my head was not feeling it today. I also 100% remember everything that happened last night. The fact that I made out with a stranger, Shawn almost got into a fight, Shawn and I argued, and then Shawn and I almost had sex.

Yeah yesterday was pretty hectic, but at the end of the day. He had to leave probably so frustrated. I had to take a really long and very cold shower. And it's the morning.

I went over to my bathroom and brushed my teeth and did my business. I fixed my hair a little before walking out and going downstairs. I smelled breakfast and was really glad Layla was here because that means Shawn couldn't try anything.

I walked into the kitchen and sure enough Layla was there. She gave me a smile and then had a very puzzled look. I walked over and sat on a stool.

"What?" I asked her.

She looked at me and laughed. Okay now I was really confused. Why was she looking at me so weird then laughed when I asked.

"Oh nothing just seems like you've probably had a productive night." She told me as she flipped a pancake.

My heart quickened, how did she know? Was she still here when we got home?

"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered.

"Roni chill, you have a hickey on your neck. So who's the lucky guy?" She asked with a smirk on her face.

A look your best friend would give you. Jeez what do I tell her? Last we talked I hated Shawn's guts and wanted nothing to do with him. Half of that is still true. I still hate him and everything he does...to me at least.

"Um...Shawn." I whispered his name but clearly not soft enough.

She dropped the spatula making a loud noise, "No way!"

I started to shush her before he would wake up, "Layla quiet down."

"Wait did you and him? You know." She raised her eyebrow insinuating that if we had sex.

"Thank god no, we were about to but he got a urgent call and it ended." I say as she placed a plate of food in front of me.

She had a smile on her face, "I thought you hated him? What changed your mind?"

"Nothing, I still hate him." I admit.

"So it's like a fuck buddy relationship?" She asked as she set aside food for Shawn to eat later.

I rolled my eyes, "No, it's only been hot make out sessions. Nothing more."

"Mmhmm." Was all she said like she didn't believe me.

I finished up my food and then the door opened and in walked Shawn. Luckily I was done so I put my plate away and was about to leave. But of course it's never that easy.