30. Know Me

"Open up and tell me things no one knows."

•••

Veronica.

I woke to something tickling my nose, I scrunch my nose and open my eyes. I found those brown eyes looking at me and found his finger on my nose.

"What are your doing?" I asked sleepily.

He chuckled, "Sorry didn't mean to wake you up." He said as he put his hand down.

"Mmhmm that's why you were touching my face?" I laughed.

He pulled me closer till my chest touched his. I remembered what happened a few hours ago. The way our lips moved in sync and how our bodies molded together perfectly.

"I just got distracted." He told me as he brushed his nose against mine.

I looked and seen he had bags under his eyes, again. Last time I seen them were before we went to the lake. I lightly touched them wishing I could remove them.

"Did you fall asleep at all?" I asked.

He sighed and took my hands in his, "No, I have too much on my mind. Someone's got to stay up."

"You don't have to stay up Shawn that's why we-you bought an alarm." I corrected.

I found myself lately saying 'we' but we weren't a thing. He chuckled before brushing his lips against the tips on my fingers. I had a warm chill run down my arms.

"Yeah well I just couldn't sleep so." He said like it was nothing.

I rolled my eyes, "Shawn you need sleep, your fans would want that too. So if you're not going to take it from me take it from them."

"I'd hate for them to know what's going on." He tells me looking down at my hands in his.

"So would I but you need to take care of yourself. You can't let whoever is doing this win and get the best of you." I tell him as I take my hands out of his and run them down his arms.

He sighed closing his eyes before looking at me, "I wish I could sleep but I can't."

I sighed, "Okay then guess I won't either."

"No don't Ace, you need your sleep." He tells me as he lays on his back.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm the cause of this situation so I should be the one to lose sleep. Not you."

"Fine then, what do you insist we do?" He asked.

I smiled before I get up and straddled his hips causing Shawn to laugh, "Okay round two was not what I was thinking. Shocker I know." He said.

"Not what I was thinking either. I just wanted to look at you from this angle." I say and he just smiled.

His hands were on my thighs, "Okay so what? We just look at each other?" He laughed.

"No, tell me something about you." I whispered.

He looked at me with a smile and sighed, "Well what do you want to know?"

I tapped my chin, "What do you love most about what you do?"

"Easy, preforming and seeing my fans. Nothing besides music and them." He said so easily.

"Thought so." I laughed.

"Okay my turn, how many guys have you been with?" He asked.

I laughed, "Wow you waste no time getting to the personal questions."

He just shrugged, "Hey I have a curious mind."

"Whatever. I've been with about two guys before this deal." I say truthfully.

He raised his eyebrow, "Only two?"

"Hey I don't go around fucking everything that walks." I laughed and he rolled his eyes.

"Touché. Okay your turn." He said grabbing my hands with his.

"If you weren't a singer, what would you have liked to be?" I asked interlacing our hands.

He bit his lip as he thought, "A doctor."

I raised my eyebrow this time, "You? You would've been a doctor?" I laughed.

"Ha ha laugh all you want. I guess I've just always wanted to help people. But now I do it with my music." He tells me.

I smiled, "Awe you do have a heart."

He then pulls on our intertwined hands so that I was pulled down to him. I laughed and he just had a toothy smile.

"Oh you think it's funny?" He asked with a chuckle.

I nodded my head and he kissed my lips. I kissed him back and then felt his hands my sides. He then started to grab at them and tickle my sides.

"Shawn!" I managed to say before I started laughing.

He started to kiss my neck but I couldn't focus on it because I was struggling to get out of his hands. He kept tickling my sides making me laugh uncontrollably.

"Say your sorry Ace...come on beg for mercy." He whispered into my ear.

"O-okay...s-sorry...p-please." I tried to say in between laughs.

His hands stilled and I started to cough before I finally got my air back. I looked at him as he hovered over me. He moved my hair out of my face and I smiled as I looked up at him. He studied my face, his eyes traced over my face.

"I must be the biggest idiot." He whispered.

I gave him a questioning look, "And why is that?" I asked.

"Because I don't think I've told you how beautiful you looked. I always used word like hot and sexy but you're more than that." He whispered as his fingers lightly traced my lips.

My heart started to quicken and I couldn't help but feel my stomach flip. I felt my face flush and a smile appeared on my face.

"Careful Mendes, if I didn't know any better I'd say you're flirting with me." I smiled.

He chuckled, "Flirting? No. Saying how I see it? Yes. And you're beautiful Ace." He tells me before kissing me.

My eyes close and I kissed him back. It was a sweet kiss, nothing fast and lustful. Just a sweet slow kiss. A kind I was really starting to love.

"I...wanna...stay...here...all...day." He said in between kisses.

I smiled against his lips, "I'm not complaining."

"Good." He said with that smile he only gave his fans.

My heart fluttered and then I knew I was screwed.

Authors Note//
A short chapter but it was sweet.
But don't get too comfortable.
They're getting a little too cozy don't you think?
Let me know what you think.
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies💚🤘🏼