The Wolf House

Vati's POV

I was getting sick of flying. We had been in this helicopter for four hours now. We had just dropped off Piper's dad, who we had had to rescue from Enceladus, Athena's bane. Thank the gods for Leo. He is amazing with his machines. Of course, I helped a little. We were flying to the Wolf House where we would meet Thalia and the Hunters. There, we would have to rescue Lady Hera and stop Porphyrion.

We entered an ice storm that was surrounding the Wolf House. "Khione," I hissed, realizing who was behind this and who had frozen Festus' wires. Leo set the helicopter down, and we just managed to jump out before it blew up. Just great, I couldn't help but think. We had landed in the middle of a battle.

"Jason!" a girl called. It was Thalia. She ran up to us. Thalia told us how her Hunters were holding a perimeter around the Wolf House, but they were being pushed back.

"Where is Hera?" Jason asked.

"Inside," Thalia gasped. I groaned. It took a lot to cause Thalia to run out of breath.

Thalia lead us inside the burnt mansion. As we were crossing the threshold, Jason collapsed. "Hey! None of that," Leo groaned as he caught Jason.

"Sorry," Jason grunted. "It all just came rushing back to me."

"So you have been here?" Piper exclaimed.

Jason nodded. "We both have," Thalia spoke for him. "This is where my mom took us when Jason was a child. She left him here, told me he was dead. He just disappeared."

"She gave me to the wolves," Jason murmured. "At Hera's insistence, she gave me to Lupa."

"Who's Lupa?" I asked, glancing at Thalia. She shrugged. An explosion rocked the building.

"Maybe this isn't the best time," Leo suggested. "Show us the goddess." Thalia nodded and led us to an empty pool. Two spires of rock sprouted from the ground. One was larger. I could see the figure of Porphyrion growing in it. The other one had Hera in it. Leo jumped into the pool and walked right up to the cage with Hera in it. "Hola, Tia. Little bit of trouble?"

"Maybe this isn't the best time," I mocked Leo. He sent me a withering glare. Jason, Piper, and I followed Leo. Thalia ran back out of the building. I couldn't blame her. I didn't like Hera all that much either. All she cared about was her perfect family. She didn't care about the normal everyday families.

"How do we break it?" Jason wondered.

"The forge and dove shall break the cage," I repeated Rachel's words. "That was the prophecy. Leo and Piper need to break the cage."

"Why not you?" Piper asked nervously. "You've been training longer."

I smiled at my sister. "I don't have charmspeak. You do, Piper. Only you can do this." She nodded her head sadly. "That doesn't mean I won't watch your back though." That seemed to cheer Piper up. She turned to Leo.

"Let's do this, Repair Boy," she grinned. Leo smiled and pulled a saw from his toolbelt. They turned to work on the cage trapping Hera as storm spirits entered the room. Evil wolves followed them. One of the wolves was dragging a frozen body.

"Thalia," Jason gasped. The wolf dropped my frozen friend at our feet. I pulled Jason back before he could touch her. I didn't want him freezing too. Jason picked a frozen plank up off the floor. His sword had broken during the fight with Enceladus. I pulled my dove pendant from my neck. It shifted into my sword. Khione entered the building.

I launched myself at Khione. Freezing Thalia was the final block that knocked over the tower. Khione was startled as I tackled her. She seemed to disappear into mist before reappearing behind me. I flipped around and swung my broad sword at her. "You can't beat me demigod!" Khione shouted.

"Watch me," I growled. I feinted to the left, switching direction at the last second. Khione may be good at flash freezes, but I was moving too fast for her to hit me. "That's for Thalia!" I yelled as I made a scratch on her cheek. "That one's for Percy!" I yelled as I made a gash on her stomach. Khione seemed to notice she was losing, because she disappeared.

I turned around to help Jason, when I noticed something absolutely terrifying. Porphyrion had risen. He grinned evilly at Jason and me. Swiftly, I risked a glance back at Leo and Piper. They had almost gotten Hera free, but they weren't quite done.

"Who are you?" Porphyrion boomed at Jason. "An appetizer? Hermes? Ares?"

"I'm Jason Grace," Jason said proudly. "Son of Jupiter. Praetor of the first legion of Rome!" Jason chucked his plank of wood at Porphyrion. It hit his jaw just as the cage broke open. Hera was released. Hera took on her true form.

"Close your eyes," I shouted just in time. Piper, Leo, and I squeezed our eyes shut as Hera assumed her true form, vaporizing any monster in the vicinity. When I no longer sensed the raw power, I opened my eyes to find Jason's limp body on the floor in front of me. Piper collapsed to er knees next to him. She started whispering to him, charm speaking. Hera kept telling her how it was useless. My mouth dropped open as Jason's eyes flew open.

"Did we do it?" Jason asked blearily.

"Yeah, buddy," Leo grinned, throwing his arm around my shoulders. I blushed, but didn't push him off.