Why is it always trios?

Nina's POV

I smiled at Thalia. I waved goodbye to Lav and Vati. "You ready for a hunt?" Thalia asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I sighed. My grip tightened on my bow. Something strange was going on, and I wanted to know what it was. First, my brother goes missing. Then, Zeus closes Olympus. Third, the gods stop all contact with their kids. I had tried owling everyone I could think of, but no one would give me answers. Thalia gave me the most information, and all she told me was that the Hunters were going on a search for my brother.

Thalia grinned at me and raised her bow. The Hunters surrounded us. "We start with the Appalachian Trail," she called. She had made a good replacement for Zoe. "We'll move west from there! Let's move out." I followed the Hunters as they ran down Half Blood Hill. I sent one last look at my home before it vanished from sight.
Lavender's POV

I gripped the pegasi's reigns hard. Butch, a son of Iris, and I were going to pick up a few demigods and a satyr. There were two boys and a girl. I hope I don't get another sister like Drew. Drew is the worst. Since Lina is off at college, Drew took over her position because she's the oldest. I would have challenged her, but since I haven't been on any quests and she's been here longer than me I'm not allowed. I think that's totally unfair because Drew is a...Happy place Lavender

The only reason I agreed to come pick up these demigods was because one of them might be a clue to finding Percy. Oh gods, I really hope Percy hasn't gotten into more trouble. "Woah," Butch exclaimed, grabbing onto the sides of the flying chariot we were riding. "Storm Spirits," I cursed. I handed Butch the reins and pulled out my knives. I didn't get a chance to fight them. There was a crack of thunder, and they all disappeared.

"What the Hades?" Butch asked as he slowly lowered the chariot to the edge of the Grand Canyon. I shrugged and walked up to the three kids standing in front of me. One was holding a golden sword. These had to be the demigods.

"Hey, my name's Leo," grinned the curly haired Latino elf. "What's yours, pretty lady?"

"Not interested," I said. Leo frowned slightly before he started grinning again. "My name is Lavender Brown," I introduced myself.

"Piper McLean," smiled the girl, holding out her hand.

"Jason Grace," the blond boy said shyly.

"Lavender look at his feet," Butch whispered in awe.

I looked down and almost hugged Jason Grace. "The boy with one shoe," I grinned.

"What?" Jason asked.

Suddenly I got mad. No, not mad. I was furious. I pointed both my knives at Jason Grace's throat. "What did you do with him?"

"What did I do with who?' Jason asked. Leo was backing up nervously. Piper had grabbed Jason's hand.

"Percy, what did you do with Percy?" I demanded.

"Lavender, calm down," Butch said. "Rachel only said he would lead you to Percy. Not that he knew where Percy was. I sighed and sheathed my knives.

I nodded my head to the chariot. "Get in," I growled. I climbed into the chariot.

"Where are you taking us?" Piper asked.

"A safe place," Butch said. "You aren't safe here. What do you know about the ancient greek gods?"

"But there just myths," Leo exclaimed.

Thunder rumbled in the distance. "Be careful who you call a myth, Leo," Jason warned.

"So you know about the gods?" I asked.

"No, er, yes, i don't know," Jason sighed. I looked at him curiously. "I don't remember much of anything," he admitted. "I know my name is Jason Grace and that I'm 15, but that's it."

"There's definitely something godly going on," I groaned. "Demigods don't just get amnesia out of no where. Where's Gleeson?"

"Coach Hedge's name is Gleeson?" Leo asked. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"He got kidnapped by the storm spirity thingies," Leo said.

"Is he going to be okay?" Piper asked.

"Gleeson knew the risks," I sighed. He had been a friend of mine. I really hoped he was okay. "Come on, we're taking you to Camp Half-Blood."

"What about my dad?" asked Piper.

"Well, technically I'm not allowed to do this, but I'll let you call him from my phone when we get to Camp."

"You have a phone?" Butch asked.

"Don't tell anyone, but I may have taken it from a burning cell phone building during the war last year when I needed to call Nina. We speak of this to know one," I told the new demigods. They nodded their heads and climbed into the chariot.
Vati's POV

Lav brought two new demigods to Camp today. The shortest boy, who is still a few inches taller than me, is a son of Hephaestus. Don't tell anyone, but he's kinda cute. Great, I just told my brain not to tell people something. Gotta love ADHD. The only bad part about Leo is he seems to fall in love with every girl he can't have. Oh well, it probably wouldn't have worked anyway. The girl is a daughter of Aphrodite. Chiron figured out that Jason Grace is a son of Zeus. I would say he could be Thalia's full blood brother, but she's never mentioned having a brother.

Rachel just gave a prophecy. They decided that Jason would lead the quest. Leo and Piper agreed to go along. I thought about volunteering as well. I had never gone on a quest before. I thought about the prophecy and decided to volunteer. The prophecy had said:
Child of lightning, beware the Earth,
The giant's revenge the seven shall birth,
The forge and dove shall break the cage,
And death unleash, through Hera's rage.

SInce no one else was volunteering, I figured it might as well be me. I stood up slowly. Every eye turned toward me. Lavender tried to pull me back into my seat. I swatted her hand away. "I shall be the fourth member on this quest, Chiron."

"Very well," Chiron smiled sadly. "Four members it shall be. Jason Grace, Piper McLean, Leo Valdez, and Parvati Patil. I suggest you pack and get some rest. You have a long journey ahead of you." We nodded our heads and left the amphitheater. Lav followed us out. After a few minutes, I heard others following us. Leo came up to walk next to me.

"Thanks for volunteering to help us, Parvati. None of us have any training, well except maybe Jason. Besides, you have loads more experience than the rest of us. How long have you been here?"

I smiled at how fast he said that. His ADHD was worse than Nina's, Lav's, and mine put together. "I've never been on a quest and figured this might be my only chance, Leo. I've been here since I was eleven. Oh, this is my cabin. I'll see you tomorrow." Leo waved goodbye and walked towards his cabin. I think it was just my imagination, but he seemed a little sad to see me go.
Leo's POV

Okay, brain, whatever you do, do not fall in love with Parvati. She is way way way too far out of your league. She's a daughter of Aphrodite for Hephaestus' sake. I'm just a lowly black smith, and she's...perfect. Shut up, Brain! I told you not to fall in love with Parvati. Besides, that could mess up the quest and destroy the entire world! I am so screwed.